Food

Conversations unrelated to Wargames Factory and wargaming.

Re: Food

Postby mrinku » 21 May 2014, 16:09

Good to hear you're not over the edge yet. It's a bitch, although I REALLY don't miss all the sugar now I'm off it.

You young 'uns take heed.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Mac » 15 Jun 2014, 11:48

I am not quite sure how this works, but it is scientific, and based upon a ten year study by the Mayo Clinic, nothing you eat on Fathers day has any calories.
Mac
Lieutenant

Location: Hold up your left hand. Point to the place just between your pinky and ring finger!

Postby Lonnie » 15 Jun 2014, 16:13

Which is why I'm baking myself a cherry pie and eating the whole blasted thing while it is still warm. I suppose that my boy can have a slice since he's the reason I am a father, and the wife too, maybe. But since I didn't get breakfast in bed this morning I'll have to think on that one.
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby mrinku » 15 Jun 2014, 16:30

Happy North American Fathers' Day!

Ours is first Sunday in September.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Mac » 15 Jun 2014, 18:19

Thanks for that Mark. . . i have one son that is slow :lol: I'll let him know he has a few months to get ready!! :D
Mac
Lieutenant

Location: Hold up your left hand. Point to the place just between your pinky and ring finger!

Postby wmyers » 07 Jul 2014, 11:58

mrinku wrote:Chips (i.e. fries, not bagged ones) that have been in the bae-marie just long enough to go from crspy to slightly soggy. Heaven.

I just stumbled upon this thread!

Yes, soggy chips are heaven! Just the amount of time it takes for me to get from my favourite local fish and chip shop to home is enough to get those chips nice and soggy all wrapped up in their newspaper and then to lightly salt them (even more) and some malt vinegar!
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby wmyers » 07 Jul 2014, 12:02

Lonnie wrote:I've been on a strange diet for the past 6-weeks and managed to loose nearly 20lbs so far with just a moderate amount of exercise. It's pretty simple really, eat what you want every other day. On the "diet" days you eat 500-700 calories, no more, no less if you can help it. I don't feel hungry (today is a "diet" day) and I don't stuff myself (I don't feel the need) on days that I eat what I want. My blood sugar is normal, which it hasn't been for a long time, and I feel better and think more clearly. Tomorrow I'm gonna fire up the grill for some bacon cheeseburgers and make some mashed potato salad.

That weight loss is absolutely awesome!!! Congratulations!!!

I'm a personal trainer (who can also stand to lose a fair bit of body fat) but I've never heard of that diet before. Generally the one's I'm familiar with have "cheat days" once a week - but they can be very hard to stick to. Every other day might be an excellent way to "trick" the body into keeping up with fat burning and not being too hard on the person trying it.
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby Mac » 07 Jul 2014, 14:33

I would try that but I have never thought clearly to begin with :lol:
Mac
Lieutenant

Postby mrinku » 07 Jul 2014, 23:43

It's often referred to as the 5/2 diet. A common version of it is 2 non-consecutive fast days a week. I've been trying it for a few weeks and it's been going okay.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Lonnie » 08 Jul 2014, 07:54

Thanks wmyers. I'm down nearly 30lbs as of this morning. This lifestyle change has some built-in cheat days when holidays (like the 4th of July) hit during a fast day, you just adjust the following day to a fast day if possible and eat like a "normal" person on the holiday. Once you hit your target weight you do need to adjust your fast days upward (take in more calories) so you don't keep loosing weight.
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Previous

Return to Off Topic!