Space drives in real life?

Conversations unrelated to Wargames Factory and wargaming.

Space drives in real life?

Postby bvandewalker » 04 Aug 2014, 00:14

bvandewalker
Captain

Re: Space drives in real life?

Postby Lonnie » 04 Aug 2014, 19:52

Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby bvandewalker » 05 Aug 2014, 00:05

When I have an hour, sure. :D

my dad pointed this out to me first, he now thinks that this thing could actually justify the creation giant robots designs like gundams for better thrust control. :lol: and as if that were not a enough comic book weirdness he than tells me that the Nazis where working on some device that looked a lot like the em drive, so you know what that means.
Last edited by bvandewalker on 09 Aug 2014, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby wmyers » 07 Aug 2014, 20:40

bvandewalker wrote:When I have an hour, sure. :D

my dad pointed this out to me ... he than tells that the Nazis where working on some device that looked a lot like the em drive, so you know what that means.

It means 1) your dad is interested in science and scientific accomplishments, 2) he is interested in space travel and 3) the Germans were much more technologically advanced because of their R&D programs. :)

Or are you trying to say there are space nazi's out there?! Kind of like in 'Iron Sky'?
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby bvandewalker » 09 Aug 2014, 20:30

wmyers wrote:
bvandewalker wrote:When I have an hour, sure. :D

my dad pointed this out to me ... he than tells that the Nazis where working on some device that looked a lot like the em drive, so you know what that means.

It means 1) your dad is interested in science and scientific accomplishments, 2) he is interested in space travel and 3) the Germans were much more technologically advanced because of their R&D programs. :)

Or are you trying to say there are space nazi's out there?! Kind of like in 'Iron Sky'?

The first guess is the truth, but I was hoping for a "Iron Sky is real!" joke. But there shouldn't be any Nazi in space since the SS killed all the researchers on that project.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Agamemnon » 12 Oct 2014, 03:53

If we ever need to fasttrack a Spaceship in case of a first contact invasion, Project Orion would be our best option.
http://youtu.be/VCszu4zaqr0
Londo: "The Minbari put great emphasis on art, literature and music." Say instead: "They are decadent people, interested only in the pursuit of... of dubious pleasures." It doesn't mean anything, but it scares people every time!
Agamemnon
Crewman

Postby bvandewalker » 13 Oct 2014, 18:59

Your talking about the nuclear rockets, would love to see that research put to actual use, but the only way that would happen is if the Earth was in danger of destruction or invasion and even then it would an extremely controversial move just do to human fear.
bvandewalker
Captain

Return to Off Topic!