Where did Lonnie go ?

Conversations unrelated to Wargames Factory and wargaming.

Re: Where did Lonnie go ?

Postby Rick » 15 Jan 2015, 12:20

I'm sorry to hear Lonnie was let go, I wish him well in whatever endeavor he strives for.
Rick
Chief

Postby bvandewalker » 15 Jan 2015, 13:31

Admin wrote:Hello everyone, thank you for your concern, it is appreciated. :)

We apologize for the delay in responding to you. We've been very busy shipping the final wave of Dreamforge-Games' kickstarter. Also there are some changes taking place with the company right now, we'll be posting further details as they solidify.

Regarding Lonnie, he has been let go from the company. I can assure you this was not due to any negligence or wrong doing on his part. The company is undergoing some restructuring and his being let go is a part of that. We'd like to publicly thank Lonnie for the good work he did in researching and planning our kits.

told you guys that they where busy with other peoples projects, they do a lot of out of house projects. Kind of sad to hear about Lonnie leaving, hope he does well where ever he goes.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Rick » 15 Jan 2015, 13:33

bvandewalker wrote:

We apologize for the delay in responding to you. We've been very busy shipping the final wave of Dreamforge-Games' kickstarter. Also there are some changes taking place with the company right now, we'll be posting further details as they solidify.

Regarding Lonnie, he has been let go from the company. I can assure you this was not due to any negligence or wrong doing on his part. The company is undergoing some restructuring and his being let go is a part of that. We'd like to publicly thank Lonnie for the good work he did in researching and planning our kits.

told you guys that they where busy with other peoples projects, they do a lot of out of house projects. Kind of sad to hear about Lonnie leaving, hope he does well where ever he goes.

yeah but still they picked a bad time to let go of their voice here on the forums.
Rick
Chief

Postby wmyers » 15 Jan 2015, 20:55

Rick wrote:
bvandewalker wrote:

yeah but still they picked a bad time to let go of their voice here on the forums.

I too wish Lonnie all the best - I think if ever needed references a lot of us would be happy to provide them. I hope the company gave him a good severance package as well as the promise of complimentary samples of future products.

I think they should have, at least, put someone in place to take over the forums instead of letting things "run wild", so to write, on here. To be fair, I do not think it is a large company and when you have one person doing several jobs (i.e. Lonnie doing research AND forum management) it shows how possibly understaffed the company really is.
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby bvandewalker » 15 Jan 2015, 22:54

They could just conscript one of the older regular commenters. :twisted: :P ;) :lol:

Still you guys have a point.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Lonnie » 28 Jan 2015, 16:18

Hello Wargames Factory family and friends,

First I would like to thank you all for your concern and nice words as well as supporting comments. They are appreciated more than you can know. Many of you I have either met in person, called/spoken with over the phone or written to at one time or another and I shall miss our interactions. It is true that Wargames Factory and I have parted ways as the owner takes the company in another direction; I wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors. I have enjoyed the years of working with Daisy, Paul and Kevin who are talented and dedicated people.

I have had the best of times doing research for all of our new sets and especially reveling in the overwhelmingly positive feedback from our customers on them as the kits I researched came out. It is my sincerest wish that all of the sets that Kevin and I worked on get manufactured; if memory serves me there are still 7 that we have designed (2-historical and 5 sci-fi) that I would really like to see reach your hands (and mine); we will see what the future holds.

My next job will probably take me outside of our rarified hobby in which I have been employed, off and on, for 15 or so years. I will miss my interactions with the community at large as a manufacturer, but you may find me lurking around various forums from time to time as well as the various historical conventions that spring up in the MD, PA and VA regions of the US. My wife jokes that our future summer vacations will not be complete without our seeking out some rare piece of artillery on a far-off battlefield and teaching our little boy to measure for an upcoming kit.

If you would like to keep in touch with me personally, please feel free to PM me on these forums and I will give you my contact info or, if you have a Facebook account you can look up my profile and send me a “friend” request (with a little note about being a WF fan).

All the best my friends!

Sincerely
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby Agamemnon » 28 Jan 2015, 18:37

Godspeed and good hunting, Lonnie, I toast to your future success.
Londo: "The Minbari put great emphasis on art, literature and music." Say instead: "They are decadent people, interested only in the pursuit of... of dubious pleasures." It doesn't mean anything, but it scares people every time!
Agamemnon
Crewman

Postby bvandewalker » 29 Jan 2015, 16:02

Hope that you find favor in your future endeavors, it was a pleasure talking with you these past few years Lonnie.
bvandewalker
Captain

Previous

Return to Off Topic!