crickets are chirping

Conversations unrelated to Wargames Factory and wargaming.

crickets are chirping

Postby Rick » 17 Feb 2015, 12:56

Wow it has gotten so quiet here you can hear the crickets chirping, maybe the site owners should run a painting contest or some type of prize contest or bring out some more stuff to drum up interest on these forums once again.
Rick
Chief

Re: crickets are chirping

Postby bvandewalker » 17 Feb 2015, 14:41

Oh come on Rick, there is talk happing on this forum all the time, but weekends and holidays are usually slow.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Rick » 17 Feb 2015, 15:03

yeah a whole post or two a day it seems like.
Rick
Chief

Postby bvandewalker » 17 Feb 2015, 21:42

Rick wrote:yeah a whole post or two a day it seems like.

do I need to show you the Warhammer Nippion forum again, WGF forum is a small forum but it is not dead, it is just that currently we have only 3 to 5 people who have something to say on a weekly basis. if you want that to change invite people over and encourage WGF to focus a bit more on advertising and getting themselves out there.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Strawhat » 17 Feb 2015, 22:44

Well, personally, I'm waiting for the retooled male zombies.

Once that happens, I'll perk up a bit.

And once the wife and I get the house back...
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby Lord_Bryon » 18 Feb 2015, 07:16

So much to do, so little to say.
Lord_Bryon
Commander

Postby Paul » 18 Feb 2015, 12:12

Thanks for the suggestion Rick, we've been thinking on ways to liven things up the forum as well. I'm excited for us to start promoting the next AWI kit to be released.

Unfortunately, it looks like the strikes taking place on the US West coast are going to add some serious delays. Really frustrating. The good news is it looks like the White House is going to intervene.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-will-intervene-in-west-coast-ports-strike/2015/02/14/dd15be94-b497-11e4-854b-a38d13486ba1_story.html
Paul
Site Admin

Postby wilkie » 18 Feb 2015, 17:04

Ah, an anti-union Wargames Factory company line. Good to know. I'll take my money and goodwill elsewhere.
wilkie
Cadet

Postby Paul » 18 Feb 2015, 21:40

Sorry if that upsets you Wilkie, I'm not against unions. But its very frustrating conducting business when we can't get product in a reliable manner. You only have to have tried to purchase our newest release (woodland indians) in our webstore in the last week to see the trouble its causing us (out of stock). I've amended my posts to focus on that.
Paul
Site Admin

Postby bvandewalker » 19 Feb 2015, 16:28

wilkie wrote:Ah, an anti-union Wargames Factory company line. Good to know. I'll take my money and goodwill elsewhere.

wilkie wrote:Ah, an anti-union Wargames Factory company line. Good to know. I'll take my money and goodwill elsewhere.

Wilkie, my grandmother was a local Union leader, but the reason she became a Union leader was not because she thought the company under paid people but because she thought the Union itself was out of control and being unfair and as Californian I can tell you that the unions (particularly the teachers union) run my state like the mob. They are not always looking out for the proletariat and the big ones that have member in more than one company (or school district in the case of California) are elitist fronts setup by bureaucrats who at best want unearned pensions and at worst want to setup some sort of communist government (and we all know that everybody loses with communism).

in house unions are good because they act as an employee complaint box that can't be ignored, but anything bigger than that gets corrupted (if it wasn't already) and becomes an economic monkey wrench for the rest of the country.
bvandewalker
Captain

Next

Return to Off Topic!