Your favorite TV Shows?

Conversations unrelated to Wargames Factory and wargaming.

Your favorite TV Shows?

Postby Paul » 19 Feb 2015, 11:53

What shows are we all watching these days?

I've been following "Person of Interest" for a while now. Due to our Dark Futures range I started watching and keeping tabs on "The Walking Dead". Been making my way through "Merlin" on Netflix as well.

On a similar matter, is it just me or does it seem like a lot of Hollywood movie actors have been transitioning to TV roles these days?
Paul
Site Admin

Re: Your favorite TV Shows?

Postby wmyers » 19 Feb 2015, 15:19

I like Walking Dead, myself. I do not really like a lot of new TV shows - as a family we do not watch a lot of tv. If I have free time I often watch something olde like Space 1999. I was watching The Sweeney (I had watched 'Life on Mars' - the UK version, the USA version was, literally, a politically correct knock-off of the series that just did not work nearly as well). If you haven't seen 'Life on Mars' or 'The Sweeney' watch the UK Life on Mars first, then 'The Sweeney').

I generally spend my time watching 'Vericast' (the Tim Haines show) episodes on youtube - as well as 'The Vortex' and 'Mic'd Up' with Michael Voris on youtube as well.

As with Space 1999, I really like (almost) all of Gerry Anderson's work so 'UFO', 'Captain Scarlet', 'Joe 90' (and of course Thunderbirds and Stingray and Fireball XL5) - so I will watch the odd episode here and there.

There is a lot of older stuff I have never seen and I really like - I just discovered 'Silent Service' - an olde USA submarine docudrama. I have never seen all the 'Minder' episodes, either (I can remember the opening sequence and theme song from when I was a child, though). Naked City is an awesome series and so is Twilight Zone.
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby Strawhat » 19 Feb 2015, 18:31

I watch a lot of things. Sooo many things.

The Walking Dead, Hell on Wheels, and Turn are my current cable favorites. Criminal Minds, Castle, Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter, and Big Bang Theory are my usual network shows. I also pick up Downton Abbey when I can.

I've been getting the itch to pull out the DVDs of Farscape and B5 again, though...and I'm still needing to finish the series for X-Files and Twin Peaks.
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby Lord_Bryon » 20 Feb 2015, 07:09

Favorite Current shows: Grimm, Once Upon A Time, Agent Carter, Game of Thrones, and Sleepy Hollow.

The last of which is really pushing me towards picking up the AWI range to do some Colonials vs. British vs. the horde of the apocalypse gaming.
Lord_Bryon
Commander

Postby bvandewalker » 11 Mar 2015, 22:13

Will, live action wise SHEILD, Agent Carter, and I finished the final season of PSYCH (I am going to miss those guys :cry: ). Anime wise finished Nura: Rise of the Yokai clan (if you like monsters you should see at least the first episode :D ... well, unless you absolutely despise anime above all else :?), and I am really looking forward to watching Durrarrra!! season 2 because I really want see if Celtiy ever gets her head back. (yes it has a really odd name and I might not be spelling it right, but who cares :twisted: ). I am also watching some western animated cartoon shows.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Paul » 12 Mar 2015, 13:51

Psych, love that show! Just started watching the final season as well.
Paul
Site Admin

Postby bvandewalker » 12 Mar 2015, 15:52

Paul wrote:Psych, love that show! Just started watching the final season as well.

It is so sad, they all die at the end :cry:...... Okay not really, just messing with yea (like that would happen on Psych of all things :lol: ).

Yeah it is a good show and one of the few mystery shows that is worth re-watching in my opinion.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby tinyminis » 12 Mar 2015, 17:20

WWE wrestling
Besides that I don't watch much TV these days.
tinyminis
Cadet

Postby Paul » 13 Mar 2015, 20:57

bvandewalker wrote:It is so sad, they all die at the end :cry:...... Okay not really, just messing with yea (like that would happen on Psych of all things :lol: )

Lol, you had me for just a second there. Some of those Yin and Yang season finales did get a touch dark compared to other episodes.
Paul
Site Admin

Postby bvandewalker » 14 Mar 2015, 01:29

Yeah, the Yin Yang episodes were pretty dark, but how that ended was hilarious ("I never loved you! :evil: " "Oh, I know. :D " :lol: ). Well, at least I thought was hilarious (Ah, I must have inherited my father's sense of humor :twisted: ).

I think the best episode was the musical TV episode, it actually got funnier after Frozen came out ("What this musical needs is a Jamaican policeman. :) " "let it go Gus. :roll: ").
bvandewalker
Captain

Next

Return to Off Topic!