Classic Television

Conversations unrelated to Wargames Factory and wargaming.

Re: Classic Television

Postby Mac » 26 Mar 2014, 17:21

Jackie Gleason, Captain Kangaroo, Friendly Giant, Speed Racer, Johnny Quest, Clutch Cargo, Crusader Rabbit, Rockey and Bullwinkle, Tennessee Tuxedo.
Mac
Lieutenant

Location: Hold up your left hand. Point to the place just between your pinky and ring finger!

Postby Jack007 » 26 Mar 2014, 22:01

OH I hope this works.. I keep getting "Logged OUT" from my 'flintstone' home computer.

Classic TV, oh some great memories. First I have to share a 'got me' moment.
I remember I would hurry home from school everyday to watch Star Trek, 'The Original Series", I was about 8 or 10, so were talking 1970 or '72. Im sure some of you are guess where this is going.

It would not be a few years later that I would find out, that all of that time, I had been rushing home to watch 'reruns' of a show that had in fact gone off of the air when I was about 1 yr old. lol
"You see old friend. I brought more soldiers than you did." *Leonidas-300
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby Lord_Bryon » 27 Mar 2014, 07:39

The shows that inspired me as a kid where Airwolf, Battlestar Galactica, Alf, Knight Rider, and Buck Rogers.
Lord_Bryon
Commander

Postby Darsc Zacal » 27 Mar 2014, 10:26

I remember going to the theatre to watch the premier of Battlestar Galactica.

To cash in on the Star Wars craze, a theatrical version of the first episode(s) was released as a feature film before it aired on tv.
Darsc Zacal
Chief

Postby Lord_Bryon » 27 Mar 2014, 14:29

Darsc Zacal wrote:I remember going to the theatre to watch the premier of Battlestar Galactica.

To cash in on the Star Wars craze, a theatrical version of the first episode(s) was released as a feature film before it aired on tv.

Yeah, as an adult I've rewatched the series on netflix. I noticed a funny thing. Almost every special effects shot shown throughout the course of the series is from that very first episode. Thats doing sci-fi on a budget.
Lord_Bryon
Commander

Postby mrinku » 27 Mar 2014, 15:34

Lord_Bryon wrote:
Darsc Zacal wrote:I remember going to the theatre to watch the premier of Battlestar Galactica.

Yeah, as an adult I've rewatched the series on netflix. I noticed a funny thing. Almost every special effects shot shown throughout the course of the series is from that very first episode. Thats doing sci-fi on a budget.

Yep. The realities of 70's and 80's television.

Remember all of that very well. The Buck Rogers show did exactly the same thing - Theatrical release pilot and recycling the space combat shots in the series.

Worth knowing that cinema was a bigger thing back then. No one had home theatres, and VCRs were still pretty rare. Heck, many people still had black and white TVs (Australia only turned on colour broadcast in 1975. I think we got our first colour telly around 1980).
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Mac » 27 Mar 2014, 18:57

Dr Who, The Prisoner, The Avengers,
We got our first color tv in the late 60's from my grandmother who thought it was too small for her bad eyes It was like a 22"? Still many a show was still filmed in black and white. Remember when if the show was in color was announced before the show began: BATMAN! In color!
Mac
Lieutenant

Location: Hold up your left hand. Point to the place just between your pinky and ring finger!

Postby Mac » 30 Mar 2014, 08:26

Twilight Zone, The Invaders, The Man From U.N.C.L.E,
All the above would make for great sets/releases from WF. :lol:
Wouldn't that be a fun project? Conversions of WF INTO classic TV characters?
. . .oh,oh, I think I have an idea coming to the front of my brain. . .or is it too much celebrating after the hockey game?
:P
Mac
Lieutenant

Postby mrinku » 30 Mar 2014, 14:58

Nananananananananananananananana BATMAN!!!
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Darsc Zacal » 30 Mar 2014, 15:12

BAM! POW!
Darsc Zacal
Chief

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic!