Special Zombies/Zombie Characters

Discuss Wargames Factory's Dark Future products.

Re: Special Zombies/Zombie Characters

Postby Darsc Zacal » 23 Mar 2014, 01:47

How about special zombies that run around on all fours? Not animal zombies, but something still recognizable as having once been human. Perhaps with arms and legs mutated in such a way that it has to run around like an animal.

There was also a creature that was in a movie a few years ago that looked humanoid, but it moved around on all fours but its body was facing upwards while doing so. I think it was also able to twist or extend its neck around to look where it was going. It was one of the most disturbing creature creations I've seen for a long time. It would make a very memorable zombie miniature.
I think it may have been able to walk up walls and across the ceiling too... Although I might be mistaken about that.
I never watched the movie, but I saw some previews and clips. I can't remember the title.

Anyone here know what I'm talking about?
Darsc Zacal
Chief

Postby Lonnie » 23 Mar 2014, 08:48

That's a good idea Darsc, give the zeds a "fast attack" unit.

I think the movie you're writing about is Legion. An apocalyptic tale of humans fighting angels in the wake of a type of second coming. Some of the angelic minions were twisted humans; there was even a scene where an old lady, possessed by an agent of heaven, crawled on the ceiling and beat the hell out of a diner full of patrons before being put down. I liked the movie for its creepiness and its portrayal of angels as the soldiers of God, destroyers of cities and killers of first born.
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby Darsc Zacal » 23 Mar 2014, 10:50

Had to google Legion and watch a trailer but you're correct Lonnie, that's the movie I was thinking of.
Although it would appear I misremembered it a bit.

But yes, something inspired by that creature with the elongated arms, or even something with more muscular but misshapen arms and legs, would make for good fast attack zombies.
Darsc Zacal
Chief

Postby Super_Dude911 » 31 Mar 2014, 18:58

Had to Google that too. Just an idea for survivors, maybe a single upgrade sprue would be made, maybe it could include a grenade launcher like the one chick holds in the poster.

I guess the one of the questions is do you want T-Virus like zombies and other zombies like that. Also quite possible zombies who shoot guns and know how to use other weaponry. All of this would be very interesting and really fun to have in some games or for conversions.

I am working on a Zombie Apocalypse game and for me I am interested in the more normal type of shambling zombies. However It would be awesome to get some more crawling zombies, or zombies crawling out of cars, dumpsters, or even man holes. That could be pretty fun stuff too. Just an idea.

I like the idea of a 'modern' necromancer/mage character that has been talked about, especially if you have seen the Grimm episode where they show the Grimm's version of zombies. If a character that is like him would be made, it could be pretty awesome.
Super_Dude911

Postby mrinku » 31 Mar 2014, 20:25

Lord_Bryon wrote:I honestly don't know. I don't own any survivors yet.

They'd be a shoo-in. You may need to source a hat for Harry from another kit though. WGF is currently a little lacking in 19-20th Century wide brimmed male headgear. Nearest would be modifying WSS artillery hats, I guess. The Women kit does have a cowboy hat, though.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Strawhat » 31 Mar 2014, 21:10

Darsc Zacal wrote:Although it would appear I misremembered it a bit.

Have you seen "In the Mouth of Madness"? There was something similar in that, too. The body was "regular" (like a normal person trying to walk on all fours, not just hands and knees) and the head was upside-down, though.

:twisted:
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby Darsc Zacal » 31 Mar 2014, 22:03

Strawhat wrote:
Darsc Zacal wrote:Although it would appear I misremembered it a bit.

Have you seen "In the Mouth of Madness"? There was something similar in that, too. The body was "regular" (like a normal person trying to walk on all fours, not just hands and knees) and the head was upside-down, though.

:twisted:

Once again, I had to google the movie.

I never saw it and nothing in the trailers looked familiar. I couldn't find anything showing that creature.

However, I found this pic from the special effects department of the film and I have to say a zombie with tentacles for legs... Well the only thing left to say is why don't we have minis like this already?

Although I will admit that I could do without the breast tentacles and their mouths.
Darsc Zacal
Chief

Postby Strawhat » 31 Mar 2014, 23:11

Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby Darsc Zacal » 01 Apr 2014, 00:31

Those images are disturbing.

If we do get miniatures of something similar I'll have to get a special storage case for them, with a nice sturdy lock on it, so that I can sleep at night knowing they're not running around.
Darsc Zacal
Chief

Postby Lonnie » 01 Apr 2014, 05:00

Yesterday I was doing research on, well, I can't say exactly but it was all very disturbing. VERY DISTURBING! At some point I got up from my desk to use the facilities and my dog followed me to the door (as he often does) to wait outside as I did my business. Just as I finish there's a noise from probably the wind blowing and/or the house settling or a tree branch scratching a window and the dog starts barking. The one thing about my dog is he hardly ever barks; I've never had a dog as quiet as this one, he won't bark at other dogs or at the doorbell or anything so, when he barks there is something very wrong (usually). His barking continues while I wash my hands and then, abruptly, stops. I swear I had a moment there when I didn't want to come out of the locked bathroom.
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Dark Futures