Special Zombies/Zombie Characters

Discuss Wargames Factory's Dark Future products.

Re: Special Zombies/Zombie Characters

Postby Strawhat » 02 Apr 2014, 00:10

Disturbing? In the Special Zombie/Zombie Characters thread?

O R'lyeh?

:twisted:

As it turns out, one of the zombie minis games I'm looking at uses a bunch of different types of zombie/mutant zombies. So, somewhat reluctantly, I'm "on board" with more types of zombies. I just don't yet know what the types would be.

I imagine that runners, freaks, bloaters/brutes, etc. would all come into play.
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby Jack007 » 30 Oct 2014, 02:33

Lonnie wrote:Yesterday I was doing research on, well, I can't say exactly but it was all very disturbing. VERY DISTURBING! I got up from my desk to use the facilities and my dog followed me to the door.. Just as I finish there's a noise and the dog starts barking. my dog hardly ever barks; His barking continues.. and then, abruptly, stops. I swear I had a moment there when I didn't want to come out of the locked bathroom.
Lonnie,
I have been there (and still do). As the weather changes here in N. E. Fla, as many areas, we often get moderate to very heavy fog some nights. When its the night I have to take out the garbage, Im sure like many of you guys, its one of the last things we do that night.

While Im standing under the light pole at my drive way, enjoying the slightly damp foggy air, nothing.. not a sound. The foggy mist reflects the lights as a look down my street. No movement, not even a mild breeze to move the misty air. But.. ITs there. I know it.. I can feel IT. As I look down the street, past the quiet dark houses, ITs watching, waiting. Veiled within the fog, (behind me!) No, no it was just the wind.
The end of the road, thats where ITs at. I know it. Down there, where the road turns back into the subdivision, theres a wooded area. IT lurks there, shielded from the 'horror' of the sulight, waiting, waiting for the night. And once again the fog, ITs mistress wraps her arms around IT, and IT slowly stalks forward, waiting, hungering, for that 'one' hapless individual, blindly wandering into the night. Every time Im out there on those damp foggy nighgts, I can barely hear ITs foot fall, slowly at first, then quicker, faster, closer with every thump of ITs feet on the pavement.
Its then 'something' tells me, Jack, inside, you need to be back inside the house, now..go now!

But I 'know' theres really nothing there, yet I still must force myself "not" too break into a run. After all, theres nothing there. Right?
BTW.. I did not write this as a joke or for Halloween, this is what I 'really' go thru almost every time Im out in the fog alone late at night.
"You see old friend. I brought more soldiers than you did." *Leonidas-300
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby Lonnie » 30 Oct 2014, 08:20

Jack007 I've had the "IT" feeling on occasion. One of the most intense was when I was scuba diving near Still Water Cove off of Pebble Beach. We were in about 30-feet of water (the bottom was about 30-40-feet below us) and found ourselves in a huge cloud of krill. Billions of tiny orange shrimp-like things surrounding us, which was quite cool. Then these bubbles started rising up around my dive buddy and me and we both got this "holy crap" feeling. It was about this time that a grey whale, mouth wide open came up between us, close enough to touch had we not been pushed aside by its wake. Third most scary event in my life (second most diving event).

The worst IT feeling was diving off of the Pinnacles near Monterey, CA. We were in about 60-feet of water off of these underwater spires and decided, for some reason, to swim out into "the blue" about 100-feet from the spires. Once we got out of site of the Pinnacles themselves we stopped and floated there, 60-feet blow the surface in neutral buoyancy, which was cool for about a minute. Then we both got this feeling something was stalking us. We couldn't see bottom and the surface was too high up for us to just shoot up without suffering some serious medical conditions and there was nothing around us, no fish, no movement, nothing. In my mind's eye I could see IT coming up from the bottom, all tentacles and mouth, to pluck us from our spot and drag us down. We had the presence of mind to follow our compass readings we'd taken earlier back to the spires and a moment of panic when we didn't find them right away but it all worked out. I've never again dived the Pinnacles.
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby Agamemnon » 01 Nov 2014, 00:32

Monterey is pretty damn beautiful. It was a good place to be stationed.
Londo: "The Minbari put great emphasis on art, literature and music." Say instead: "They are decadent people, interested only in the pursuit of... of dubious pleasures." It doesn't mean anything, but it scares people every time!
Agamemnon
Crewman

Postby wmyers » 02 Nov 2014, 00:09

Jack007 wrote:
Lonnie wrote:Yesterday I was doing research on, well, I can't say exactly but it was all very disturbing. VERY DISTURBING! I got up from my desk to use the facilities and my dog followed me to the door.. Just as I finish there's a noise and the dog starts barking. my dog hardly ever barks; His barking continues.. and then, abruptly, stops. I swear I had a moment there when I didn't want to come out of the locked bathroom.
Lonnie,
I have been there (and still do). As the weather changes here in N. E. Fla, as many areas, we often get moderate to very heavy fog some nights. When its the night I have to take out the garbage, Im sure like many of you guys, its one of the last things we do that night.

While Im standing under the light pole at my drive way, enjoying the slightly damp foggy air, nothing.. not a sound. The foggy mist reflects the lights as a look down my street. No movement, not even a mild breeze to move the misty air. But.. ITs there. I know it.. I can feel IT. As I look down the street, past the quiet dark houses, ITs watching, waiting. Veiled within the fog, (behind me!) No, no it was just the wind.
The end of the road, thats where ITs at. I know it. Down there, where the road turns back into the subdivision, theres a wooded area. IT lurks there, shielded from the 'horror' of the sulight, waiting, waiting for the night. And once again the fog, ITs mistress wraps her arms around IT, and IT slowly stalks forward, waiting, hungering, for that 'one' hapless individual, blindly wandering into the night. Every time Im out there on those damp foggy nighgts, I can barely hear ITs foot fall, slowly at first, then quicker, faster, closer with every thump of ITs feet on the pavement.
Its then 'something' tells me, Jack, inside, you need to be back inside the house, now..go now!

But I 'know' theres really nothing there, yet I still must force myself "not" too break into a run. After all, theres nothing there. Right?
BTW.. I did not write this as a joke or for Halloween, this is what I 'really' go thru almost every time Im out in the fog alone late at night.

You need to get yourself a good dog. Like a Rottweiler. The best dog I ever had was one. He was stoic, brave, fearless, intelligent, fun and a very close companion (you let them sleep with you as a puppy and they bond to you like you've never seen - they won't take their eyes off you and if they do and you try to hide, they will do everything to find you).

Sadly, they do not live forever, being a large breed.

I've now got a Pittbull and she's great, and loyal and can do things I've never seen a dog do (if she jumps, she will turn her front paws in like hands and pull towards her as she is biting). Being a terrier she has energy like there is no end to it.

They are both pretty silent breeds, very rarely barking but they both have a very deep growl that will warn you if something's not right.

People say that having the two breeds together (a Pittbull and a Rottweiler) as the Pittbull can be too friendly to people and with two dogs they work together (I've had two Rottweilers work together and one comes from the front and the other will come around from the side/back - the blindspot).

Get a nice spiked collar as many dogs will just attack a Rottweiler for no reason, especially when they are young - other dogs feel threatened by them (apparently it has to do with body language as they have their tails docked but can only express a limited number of visual signals that other dogs can, so this is supposed to be the reason). However, a spiked collar will give the attacking dog a mouth full of spikes and they will turn and run (that's happened more than once to my Rottweiler and he never really even looked twice at the dog they was gone so fast) - I got my spiked collar when he was a few months old and got attacked by three dogs at once at an off-leash area as the other dogs' owner came over to pet him.

With a Rottweiler you'll want to go and investigate and see there is nothing there. If there is - there won't be when the dog gets through with it.

A wolf would be nice too.
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby Jack007 » 02 Nov 2014, 14:07

Lonnie... I think You AND ' I ' have kind of derailed the topic here.

My appologies to all.
"You see old friend. I brought more soldiers than you did." *Leonidas-300
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby Strawhat » 02 Nov 2014, 18:49

Well, not to re-rail the thread (just kidding, Jack!), but are there any further rumblings, Lonnie? Has your "disturbing" research taken any particularly enlightening or madness inducing turns?

Enquiring minds want to know...

:lol:
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby Lonnie » 02 Nov 2014, 20:07

Still delving in things left best for the iron gutted, like myself, as research. But even an old horrorphile, such as myself, can only take so much in a day without being "oooged out". I'm devoting the next couple of days to the mid-term elections here in the states as I'm a chief judge in my district.
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby Mac » 03 Nov 2014, 15:31

DOGMAN.
Ooooo o o o o oo o Creepy :lol:
Mac
Lieutenant

Location: Hold up your left hand. Point to the place just between your pinky and ring finger!

Postby Strawhat » 03 Nov 2014, 23:34

There is some creepy stuff between the Michigan Dogmen and the Beast of Bray Road.

But they're not really zombie-ish.

And I've just discovered that In the Mouth of Madness is super-cheap on Blu-Ray. Right after I placed an order for some other items, but guess what's going to be in the next one! Yeah, the wife is NOT going to like that.
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

PreviousNext

Return to Dark Futures