They're Coming...

News and Announcements related to Wargames Factory.

Re: They're Coming...

Postby HalberKill » 08 Jul 2015, 10:17

I have to say I have really been enjoying your latest dreamforge releases.
HalberKill
Crewman

Postby bvandewalker » 08 Jul 2015, 13:07

Paul wrote:Hi Tripod. I must admit that a July 4th release would have been awesome and was something I 'd hoped we might do.

At this point I can tell you that new releases outside of our Dreamforge products are on hold until we finish our negotiations with Warlord Games. I realize that is frustrating but the good news is progress is being made and hopefully announcements will be soon.

wait Paul, the models releases are being effected the warlord deal?? you know I don't think the Perrys had this problem with them and both companies sell English archers.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Paul » 08 Jul 2015, 13:58

bvandewalker wrote:wait Paul, the models releases are being effected the warlord deal?? you know I don't think the Perrys had this problem with them and both companies sell English archers.

Its not an issue with conflicting kits between the two companies. The kits will be released. We're just waiting to release them until we get all the details and logistics of Warlord distributing our product worked out.
Paul
Site Admin

Postby bvandewalker » 08 Jul 2015, 14:01

Paul wrote:
bvandewalker wrote:wait Paul, the models releases are being effected the warlord deal?? you know I don't think the Perrys had this problem with them and both companies sell English archers.

Its not an issue with conflicting kits between the two companies. The kits will be released. We're just waiting to release them until we get all the details and logistics of Warlord distributing our product worked out.

Oh, well that does make sense.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby mrinku » 11 Jul 2015, 16:47

bvandewalker wrote:
Paul wrote:Hi Tripod. I must admit that a July 4th release would have been awesome and was something I 'd hoped we might do.

At this point I can tell you that new releases outside of our Dreamforge products are on hold until we finish our negotiations with Warlord Games. I realize that is frustrating but the good news is progress is being made and hopefully announcements will be soon.

wait Paul, the models releases are being effected the warlord deal?? you know I don't think the Perrys had this problem with them and both companies sell English archers.

Pretty sure Warlord and Perry sort out most of their business stuff over a pint or a game. All the principals are old mates; notice that Warlord has never done any WW2 North African stuff? Perrys appear to have an arrangement with them to cover that theatre, and that may have been decisded when Bolt Action was still being written. I can almost guarantee Michael and Alan were Bolt Action playtesters.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Jack007 » 30 Jul 2015, 18:16

Just have to ask..
Is there any news on when the last of the AWI, or any or their sets will be released. To be honest, its been so long, I'd practically forgotten that there were still sets 'To Be' released. I hate to say it, but at this point, Im more 'just curious' as to whats going to be released, than interested.

I know business, like politics can take forever to work out details, but I think at this point, IMHO, those details are starting too, if not already have done more harm than good, certainly with customer relations and their expectations.
"You see old friend. I brought more soldiers than you did." *Leonidas-300
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby Paul » 31 Jul 2015, 09:57

Hi Jack. Sorry, I realize its frustrating and obviously the delays aren't helping interest in the kits. The status is pretty much the same as my previous post.

Paul wrote:We're just waiting to release them until we get all the details and logistics of Warlord distributing our product worked out.

About the only further detail I can give is to confirm that Warlord will be handling the distribution and sales of our kits soon. An official announcement with details of the arrangement is pending.
Paul
Site Admin

Postby Tripod » 31 Jul 2015, 18:56

Thanks for the update Paul. It was starting to look like Warlord was choking the life out ofWargames factory with this deal. I couldn't really see why a distribution deal with a uK company was stopping release of new product to the US or overseas customers.
Let's hope we see a faster release of more new and interesting product once the deal is done.
Tripod
Chief

Postby Tripod » 31 Jul 2015, 19:00

Does your statement that"warlord will be handling the distribution and sales of our kits" mean that they will be the sole distributor and your online store will cease to exist?
Tripod
Chief

Postby bvandewalker » 31 Jul 2015, 21:01

Paul wrote:Hi Jack. Sorry, I realize its frustrating and obviously the delays aren't helping interest in the kits. The status is pretty much the same as my previous post.

Paul wrote:We're just waiting to release them until we get all the details and logistics of Warlord distributing our product worked out.

About the only further detail I can give is to confirm that Warlord will be handling the distribution and sales of our kits soon. An official announcement with details of the arrangement is pending.

Dang that must be some tricky negotiations, I wonder if you would have this much trouble with mantic.
bvandewalker
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Wargames Factory News