They're Coming...

News and Announcements related to Wargames Factory.

Re: They're Coming...

Postby wmyers » 01 Aug 2015, 12:49

Paul wrote:Hi Jack. Sorry, I realize its frustrating and obviously the delays aren't helping interest in the kits. The status is pretty much the same as my previous post.

Paul wrote:We're just waiting to release them until we get all the details and logistics of Warlord distributing our product worked out.

About the only further detail I can give is to confirm that Warlord will be handling the distribution and sales of our kits soon. An official announcement with details of the arrangement is pending.

Does that mean you will not be selling the sets directly from the official website anymore?

I would certainly hope not as every other company Warlord resells (Perry, Victrix, etc) still retain the autonomy to be able to sell direct from their own sites and have their own sales and promotions.
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby Paul » 03 Aug 2015, 13:51

wmyers wrote:Does that mean you will not be selling the sets directly from the official website anymore?

That's one of the details remaining to be worked out.
Paul
Site Admin

Postby bvandewalker » 03 Aug 2015, 19:20

Paul wrote:
wmyers wrote:Does that mean you will not be selling the sets directly from the official website anymore?

Will, if this effects American distribution and sales in a negative anyway (like you closing the online store or me having to pay British shipping, which would kill it for me) , I would say that they are giving you too much trouble (ie they are trying to trick/kill you with this transaction) and you should probably just walk away and look for other options. Europe is a big place and surely there are other, more reasonable (price wise), distribution options that won't kill you in USA.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby wmyers » 04 Aug 2015, 01:09

bvandewalker wrote:
Paul wrote:

Will, if this effects American distribution and sales in a negative anyway (like you closing the online store or me having to pay British shipping, which would kill it for me) , I would say that they are giving you too much trouble (ie they are trying to trick/kill you with this transaction) and you should probably just walk away and look for other options. Europe is a big place and surely there are other, more reasonable (price wise), distribution options that won't kill you in USA.

Warlord has a distribution centre in the USA so shipping would be domestic for those in the USA.

I could see Warlord wanting to raise the prices of WGF sets so they are closer to their own prices.

Oh, yeah, I am for just walking away if they try to put too much of a restriction on how WGF does business - especially since the other companies do not seem to have such restrictions on them!
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby Tripod » 04 Aug 2015, 06:37

Without knowing the details of your negotiations it would appear that there is a real danger of Wargames factory losing control of its own destiny. If I wanted to remove competition I would encourage production and then stifle distribution. Guess what happens to you then.
Tripod
Chief

Postby Paul » 04 Aug 2015, 09:44

Thanks for your concern guys. Issues like you mention have been and are topics of discussion. I don't have an active roll in the negotiations but my impression is they've been open and frank.
Paul
Site Admin

Postby Jack007 » 22 Aug 2015, 15:46

Tripod wrote:Without knowing the details of your negotiations it would appear that there is a real danger of Wargames factory losing control of its own destiny.

LOST.. control it now seems.
It seems you were a lot closer to the 'mark' than perhaps you realized Tripod.
"You see old friend. I brought more soldiers than you did." *Leonidas-300
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby Tripod » 31 Aug 2015, 16:05

Sometimes you would rather be wrong. Now we will have to wait and see what Warlord does.
Tripod
Chief

Postby steel91101 » 01 Sep 2015, 10:41

Guys - read the "Changes at" thread. WGF is just Paul at this point. The WGF era is over.
Steel, as in Stainless Steel Rat.

Longtime miniatures gamer, and RPG gamer.
steel91101
Crewman

Postby Butty » 30 Oct 2015, 08:21

Sempre nella merda, solo la profondità varia.
Butty
Chief

PreviousNext

Return to Wargames Factory News