They're Coming...

News and Announcements related to Wargames Factory.

Re: They're Coming...

Postby General Lee » 10 Apr 2014, 00:46

about the release schedule. what can we expect? one set a month, all at once, released over a 1 year time span?
General Lee
Chief

Postby Lonnie » 10 Apr 2014, 05:21

No comment yet.
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby colkrone » 10 Apr 2014, 07:12

Hey guys. I know we are all excited about the announcement and the release and this is a lot like opening a pack of batteries on Christmas morning trying to figure out what cool toy they will power but I think we have to give WF a ton of respect. My reasoning is they are letting us all know that the toys are coming but don't want to give too much information away until they know for a fact that the miniatures can be shipped to your doorstep. Too many times in the past I have seen other companies announce a release schedule and release date and not only did they not hit the release date but never released the product. I for one cannot handle that type of disappointment with my favorite time period and a moment in history I am so passionate about I wrote a rulebook for.

I think this is all very exciting and yes, I just want them to rip the band-aid off already but once the release dates start flying that's when I truly will be excited. :)

colkrone
colkrone
Crewman

Postby Lord Marcus » 10 Apr 2014, 08:30

colkrone wrote:Hey guys. I know we are all excited about the announcement and the release and this is a lot like opening a pack of batteries on Christmas morning trying to figure out what cool toy they will power but I think we have to give WF a ton of respect. My reasoning is they are letting us all know that the toys are coming but don't want to give too much information away until they know for a fact that the miniatures can be shipped to your doorstep. Too many times in the past I have seen other companies announce a release schedule and release date and not only did they not hit the release date but never released the product. I for one cannot handle that type of disappointment with my favorite time period and a moment in history I am so passionate about I wrote a rulebook for.

I think this is all very exciting and yes, I just want them to rip the band-aid off already but once the release dates start flying that's when I truly will be excited. :)

colkrone

I agree. black powder warfare is a passion of mine (as is the medieval period, although more broadly during that time frame) so I wouldn't want to get too antsy. I am squirreling a few dollars here and there though, considering personal trips and college money.
Lord Marcus
Crewman

Postby Mac » 10 Apr 2014, 14:19

Half the fun is the guessing games! :lol:
But as my good friend Tom petty said: The waiting is the hardest part. :o
Mac
Lieutenant

Location: Hold up your left hand. Point to the place just between your pinky and ring finger!

Postby mrinku » 10 Apr 2014, 16:30

Seeing this exact problem on the Space:1889 kickstarter. They gave us a very solid release schedule for the various products (which are largely being translated from the existing German language edition), but nothing has been shipped yet due to various delays.

It's all good from me that WGF are taking the cautious route. Nor do I begrudge their little fun with the teasers :)
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby judgedoug » 11 Apr 2014, 08:33

Man, I had a little bit of interest in AWI, as I have some Perry plastic redcoats and some Fife & Drum figures.
But now it looks like I'm going full-bore into AWI!

Colkrone, what's the "average" game size for your ruleset? How many regiments of 30 men per side for a 2 hour game?
judgedoug

Postby colkrone » 11 Apr 2014, 10:38

Well, not to sound cryptic but the size of the game is up to the players. During our playtesting we used quite a bit of mixed sized units but the standard base size we used was 6 miniatures per base. So our units ranged anywhere from 6 - 30 miniatures depending on the organization of our force. If you played with 30 man regiments you could have about 5-6 regiments per side in a 2 hour game. The minimum is 4 based on how the force organizations function if that helps but keep in mind that the 4 units could be smaller than 30 man 'regiments'.

colkrone

judgedoug wrote:Man, I had a little bit of interest in AWI, as I have some Perry plastic redcoats and some Fife & Drum figures.
But now it looks like I'm going full-bore into AWI!

Colkrone, what's the "average" game size for your ruleset? How many regiments of 30 men per side for a 2 hour game?
colkrone
Crewman

Postby daisynanton » 11 Apr 2014, 10:55

Hi Guys,
Here is a small peek at a few figures from the British kit, painted by Matthew Leahy. I think you will agree they look fantastic?
Happy Friday, and stay tuned next week for more updates on the AWI range.
Daisy
Attachments
British.jpg
daisynanton
Cadet

Postby Lonnie » 11 Apr 2014, 10:58

This was a fun range to research and help design. I got to travel to a lot of historic sites and battlefields. Top that off with meeting many historians on those trips and making new friends made this one of the more enjoyable sets I've worked on.
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Wargames Factory News