Black Friday Web Store Sale

News and Announcements related to Wargames Factory.

Black Friday Web Store Sale

Postby daisynanton » 25 Nov 2014, 13:56

We will be having a huge Black Friday web store sale! Every kit we carry will be at least 25% off retail, some kits will have even larger discounts. Event will run from Friday morning till Monday night.
daisynanton
Cadet

Re: Black Friday Web Store Sale

Postby Mac » 25 Nov 2014, 17:19

Excellent :twisted:
Mac
Lieutenant

Location: Hold up your left hand. Point to the place just between your pinky and ring finger!

Postby TheInsane » 25 Nov 2014, 23:07

Now I'm going to have to buy MORE miniatures...
TheInsane
Crewman

Postby wmyers » 30 Nov 2014, 11:03

Thank you for the sale, however, the shipping cost outside of the USA is the killer …

I loaded up my virtual cart and then went to check out and saw the shipping price and started to reduce items in the cart and then realized that no matter what I did, it was still cheaper for me to buy in Canada, at non-discounted prices, than it was to buy direct with even 40% off and have to pay the shipping that was calculated.

Sadly, we only have X number of dollars. Warlord Games has Free Shipping to USA and Canada. They also had a sale on this weekend.
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby Tripod » 30 Nov 2014, 15:03

I have to agree with Myers.once I go over 4 boxes to Australia the postage becomes horrendous.it would be great if there was a cheaper option such as surface mail so that we could buy up big and patiently wait for their arrival. I have bought some WGF boxes from another seller who has them discounted lees than WGF but with much friendlier postage rates that make the total cheaper.thanks for the sale but please see what can be done with the postage.
Tripod
Chief

Postby TheInsane » 30 Nov 2014, 18:13

And bought... Got the other half (cavalry and artillery) of my army... Plus some extras.
TheInsane
Crewman

Postby bvandewalker » 30 Nov 2014, 23:43

I hadn't planed on buying anything but after looking at the sale I ended up buying a few sets. Great deal on the samurai, orcs, and WWII stuff.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby steel91101 » 01 Dec 2014, 12:53

To be fair - the converse is also true. There are minis I would love to have that would require mail ordering from the UK to the US - but the shipping costs are prohibitive. It isn't the fault of those manufacturers in the UK that international shipping is so expensive, and there's little they can do to reduce the shipping costs.
Steel, as in Stainless Steel Rat.

Longtime miniatures gamer, and RPG gamer.
steel91101
Crewman

Postby bvandewalker » 01 Dec 2014, 20:43

steel91101 wrote:To be fair - the converse is also true. There are minis I would love to have that would require mail ordering from the UK to the US - but the shipping costs are prohibitive. It isn't the fault of those manufacturers in the UK that international shipping is so expensive, and there's little they can do to reduce the shipping costs.

with people like mantic and Perry you have a point, but I don't think that's the case with GW.
Last edited by bvandewalker on 02 Dec 2014, 02:07, edited 1 time in total.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby wmyers » 01 Dec 2014, 22:22

There's a lot of manufacturer's that run "free shipping" specials from time to time in conjunction with sales. I'm sure they carefully weigh the profit vs potential loss and factor in things like customer appreciation/satisfaction, promotion of their products to areas/markets that otherwise might not have access to them to help build a customer base through the promotion, etc.

I really like WGF and would like to support the company directly and I know if a shop in my country can sell and ship them to me for less than a 40% deal from the factory itself, something is wrong (and the solution is NOT to increase the prices at the retailers).
wmyers
Lieutenant

Return to Wargames Factory News