Changes at Wargames Factory

News and Announcements related to Wargames Factory.

Changes at Wargames Factory

Postby Paul » 15 Jan 2015, 13:45

Hi everyone, apologies for the lack of communication as of late. We have been very busy with Dreamforge-Games Kickstarter as well as company changes that are taking place. It looks like the discussion in various parts of the forum has turned to discussing the future of WGF and what kits are profitable. Allow me to address a few of the subjects that have come up in the form of a Q&A:

We've heard there are changes taking place at Wargames Factory. Whats happening?
The company is currently undergoing some restructuring. Unfortunately this does mean that some people are being let go (see thread here for some details) . We'll be making further information available as we proceed but it is a little premature to make statements as decisions are still being made.

What about the last two AWI kits that were announced?
There has been some talk that these kits were canceled. They are not, tooling has been finished and production is being run. We'll be putting out news about them in the coming weeks. We apologize if people feel we've played these "too close to the vest" but when we realized there would be delays on their production we felt it best to wait to promote them until they were closer to release.

What kits are profitable for WGF? Is the AWI range performing poorly?
While we keep our sales information confidential for obvious reasons, we will say that typically our Sci-fi and Fantasy kits perform better than our historical. But there are of course exceptions to this. The AWI range is on track to be one of, if not, our most successful historical line. From all your excitement we anticipate the soon to be released "Woodland Indians" to be a strong addition to the range.
Paul
Site Admin

Re: Changes at Wargames Factory

Postby Tripod » 15 Jan 2015, 15:06

Thank you for the update. I am pleased that the AWI range is on track to be completed.
I hope this is a sign of things to come and wish you every success for the future.
Tripod
Chief

Postby robbie038 » 16 Jan 2015, 06:03

I'm glad that the AWI turns out well for you , even if I have not much intrest in.
perhaps you could hold a poll too see in which era of history there is intrest.
robbie038
Crewman

Postby Pumika » 16 Jan 2015, 06:53

Thanks for the (first?) official statement in weeks - at least that is my impression. Hope this is no one-timer and you will inform us more frequently now before rumors again are starting to fly.
Changes, both in structure and personnel, are important and necessary when doing business. But be careful not to loose contact with your customers during the process! We are all hoping that the right decisions will be taken. WGF is definitely on the right way regarding the quality of the products. They are at least matching the plastics of the other big players.
Pumika
Cadet

Postby Geronimo » 16 Jan 2015, 07:20

Thanks for that statement.
Geronimo
Cadet

Postby Butty » 16 Jan 2015, 10:36

It's a shame that Lonnie had to go especially as he had so much to do with the new products..
Sempre nella merda, solo la profondità varia.
Butty
Chief

Postby Badger » 16 Jan 2015, 11:47

I think a poll is a great idea, robbie038.
Badger
Cadet

Postby marco55 » 16 Jan 2015, 15:12

Butty wrote:It's a shame that Lonnie had to go especially as he had so much to do with the new products..

They got rid of Lonnie? Never mind just read the other thread.
Mark
Last edited by marco55 on 16 Jan 2015, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.
marco55
Cadet

Postby Jack007 » 16 Jan 2015, 15:14

Thanks for giving us 'some' information. If its trues Lonnie is gone, he will be missed and wish the best for his future.
Im confident you 'will' make the best decisions possible for the Company. And certainly hope the best for this WF as I love the miniatures and the very competitive prices.

IN the future please remember; Giving your customers even a Little Information can go a long way to quelling a lot of rumors.

Its really great to hear that the AWI sets are 'still on track'. Granted this is not likely to be one that I will be investing into heavily. However, I can see where the Woodland Indians -may- fit very well into a generic Dark Age barbarian army I hope to build down the road.
"You see old friend. I brought more soldiers than you did." *Leonidas-300
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby bvandewalker » 16 Jan 2015, 15:33

Pumika wrote:Thanks for the (first?) official statement in weeks - at least that is my impression. Hope this is no one-timer and you will inform us more frequently now before rumors again are starting to fly.
Changes, both in structure and personnel, are important and necessary when doing business. But be careful not to loose contact with your customers during the process! We are all hoping that the right decisions will be taken. WGF is definitely on the right way regarding the quality of the products. They are at least matching the plastics of the other big players.

Actually I think the big thing is the sticker price, not say WGF doesn't do good (they do), but I noticed that a lot of other companies (warlords, Perry's) have been putting out slightly cheaper priced plastic sets when compared too their older products and partly I think that is because WGF. This is actually a good thing for the market in general because lower priced minis should attract more people into 28mm war gaming.
bvandewalker
Captain

Next

Return to Wargames Factory News