Changes at Wargames Factory

News and Announcements related to Wargames Factory.

Re: Changes at Wargames Factory

Postby Tripod » 25 Jan 2016, 05:58

Not based on what they did for the WSS artillery set. That only had 2 spruces.
Tripod
Chief

Postby bvandewalker » 26 Jan 2016, 03:01

Strawhat wrote:British Infantry: $29 for 30 figures.
Field Artillery: $29 for 2 Cannons (3 or 6 pounders), 8 Crew, 2 mounted army commanders, 2 casualties, 1 Molly Pitcher--I think this is a mistake and there are actually 2 (1 per sprue).
Hessians: $29 for 30 figures 6 Jaegers, and 24 grenadiers/fusiliers/musketeers including command.

Release date set for January 29th.

Something tells me that WGF would have given us another sprue for the Field Artillery.

Yeah, the warlords deal does seem like a mistake on the consumer end (should have teamed up with HaT ;) ), personally though I think it was kinda of a mistake to do the AWI in the first place, it would have been smarter to focus on some more slash and stabby history sets that could be used for fantasy as well or just focus on modern fantasy shooty sets. :|

Oh, wait your talking about the Molly Pitcher figure being on the sprue :P

Well, if Warlords or WGF were to sell the AWI sets as Diorama figure sets (which might be the smart thing to do with at this point in all honesty :roll: ) than having 2 female models in the set would be a selling point, so that isn't a mistake presay (maybe sell it through a big boy model company 8-) ), nah the real mistake (as with all the newer sets :cry: ) is the bases which take up sprue space that would have been better used for more goodies and makes the assumption that one is going base the cannon crew separate little square bases instead of on, lets say, round ones or placing the gun and crew all on one big base. :?
(this actually goes double for the figure sets since a big part of the actual fighting was skirmishing and their are a lot of people who like putting their minis on small diorama sized bases)
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Tripod » 26 Jan 2016, 14:50

Couldn't agree less!
Tripod
Chief

Postby 1classybadger » 26 Jan 2016, 20:24

to put in my two cents, given warlords style of rules, your command and artilery are pretty much dioramas any way
1classybadger
Commander

Postby Strawhat » 26 Jan 2016, 20:52

bvandewalker wrote: Oh, wait your talking about the Molly Pitcher figure being on the sprue :P

Weisenheimer. 8-)

Two sprues, so everything present should be a multiple of two (two Molly minis, not one). Unless they're cutting one Molly off the set (and then doing who knows what with it), that is. Besides, cut that ram off and then replace it with a rifle. Instant war hero: "Mad" Anne Bailey!

I agree about the bases, but we hashed and rehashed that here. Word from on-high was that it was "better" to re-mill new bases with each set. The point is moot now, though.
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby Tripod » 29 Jan 2016, 15:46

Warlord newsletter has just announced the zombie range including bikers and modern troops for release in April.they are offering a skirmish game and rules as well.
They seem prepared to support the WGF product lines.
Tripod
Chief

Postby Strawhat » 29 Jan 2016, 21:30

http://www.warlordgames.com/announcemen ... mish-game/
http://www.beastsofwar.com/project-z/wa ... ures-game/

BoW has another image with four survivors/fighters.

Yee-haw!

Vixens? Check!
Male Survivors? Check!
Female Survivors? Check!

Zombie Studs? Check!
Bikers? Check!
Modern Military? Check!

Zombie fattie? Uhhh...that's new...

Comment in the BoW article:
warlordgamesrich 79p said: On January 29, 2016
…there are also a number of previously unreleased Wargames Factory kits which may well find their way into the ‘Project Z’ range…

;-)

Rich.D

"...a number..."

Well, we've got three unreleased kits already. Could there be more?
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby mrinku » 30 Jan 2016, 00:47

Good reporting, Strawhat!

Particularly nice to see something of the modern military, finally.

Pity the Aussie dollar is so weak right now, but hopefully it'll pick up by April, since I'll be definitely bingeing on these...
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Strawhat » 30 Jan 2016, 10:10

Thank you, mrinku.

I wish I could take the credit, but BoW and Tabletop Gaming News did the real legwork here. I just followed their leads (and, y'know, Warlord's article on it). :-)
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby bvandewalker » 01 Feb 2016, 14:08

I think by "a Number" they are referring to those three although they may bring the technical and insurgents back to the table along with more 1 figure character sprues.
bvandewalker
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Wargames Factory News