Changes at Wargames Factory

News and Announcements related to Wargames Factory.

Re: Changes at Wargames Factory

Postby Strawhat » 01 Feb 2016, 20:33

Buzzkill. :P

Really, though, I think they're holding one or two more in reserve. There's a couple chunky zeds in the background. It might be a metal/resin piece, or it could be one of the remaining WGF sets. Lonnie was working us pretty thoroughly regarding character sprues and zombie alternates.

Additionally, warlordgamesrich says that the (unidentified) sets may find their way into Project Z. I would argue that the bikers, retooled males, and modern military are already in P-Z since they're basically the focus of the images Warlord have given us.

*sigh*

I need to get out more often. I'm far too eager for these to be released.

:mrgreen:
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby Strawhat » 02 Feb 2016, 14:00

http://wargamesillustrated.co.uk/projec ... -military/

Warlord is starting the press machine!

Included in the article are two scans of an early sprue layout including four figures and 19 weapon-wielding arms, 15 heads, and plenty of extra (loose) weapons.

Wargames Illustrated wrote:As this was one of the original versions of the sprue layout from Wargames Factory, there are more weapons than warrriors that can be constructed. The good news is that Warlord Games have re-designed the sprue to include more torsos and legs, so you can construct more figures per sprue but still have a range of weapon and other options.

Project-Z is described as a boxed wargame. This does not enthuse me. I hope that Warlord make the individual sets (or sprues) available at release or very soon after.
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby mrinku » 09 Feb 2016, 14:14

The chunky zombs could just be normal survival chunkies with zomb parts, but I'd hope they've added one to the frame.

Nice to see the special forces frame. Some very useful parts in there - stick the ski mask on a civilian and you have a bank robber (ah, that takes me back to my old conversions...)

The boxed set announcement doesn't worry me. Warlord typically lead with bigger boxed sets and follow up with squad kits and sprues. There's no reason to think they'll change that sales philosophy... and to be honest *this* time around I'll probably want everything in the box anyway.

...and thanks to that article, we now have a date. Salute 2016 is in April, so that looks to be the release date. Pre-orders may even be up in a few weeks.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Strawhat » 09 Feb 2016, 22:09

The heavies don't track as "bashed" survivors. Both Survivors are leading with their left leg and the male zed is leading with his right. The female (which appears to be in a mu mu) doesn't match anything I'm familiar with. It could be a Warlord piece (either existing or new), though.

Pardon the poor picture quality, I had to do shoddy work with what was already out there.

I'm looking forward to the special forces--it will allow me a chance to do some SWAT figures. Not as great as regular police, but far better than what we had before (which was next-to-nothing)!
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby Strawhat » 10 Feb 2016, 20:50

More movement!

http://wargamesillustrated.co.uk/an-exc ... project-z/

A brief video teaser showing survivors and zombies in the midst of a street battle. Nothing regarding rules, and no real close-ups of anything we aren't already familiar with. There might be a couple quick glimpses of some of the zeds that we haven't seen yet, but nothing shocking in the video teaser.

Now we have a nice look at the revised Biker and Special Forces sprues! It looks like a few of the biker options have been reworked, the round bases have been replaced leaving only the pill bases for the bikes. The body options for the Special forces have been repeated at the cost of some weapon options and bases.

And the big news: Biker special character! The head honcho (and babe) on a super-detailed bike gets his own sprue. Heavy weapons included. I wonder how tough it would be to "flip the script" on these two...

We also get a look at the much-anticipated reworked male zombie sprue! Some of the arms look a little cartoony, and the heavy guy does NOT match the heavy in the picture above! The heavy in this set is straight out of the ER--dragging a IV stand and "clothed" in a drafty doctor's office gown (nice view of the back yard, too). Bases included on the sprue.

The crawler included does not have a base. I guess nobody learned from the Vixens release, or there's another source of bases. I'm hoping for another source.

Also of note, all bases and frames are now branded for Warlord.

Is it April yet?
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby mrinku » 11 Feb 2016, 14:28

Good analysis there!

A heavy male zomb isn't any real surprise, since the male zombies were being redone entirely, but the female one suggests they may have done a retooling of the Vixen sprue. But we also may be looking at metals. Warlord isn't limited to plastic and usually supplement their core plastic kits with metal feature models.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby mrinku » 13 Feb 2016, 15:16

Heads up on another thing at Warlord I just ran across:

http://www.warlordgames.com/wargames-factory-sprues-released/

Saxon Fyrd, Orcs and the Rising Sun sprues that were spare stock now available for individual purchase.

Saxon frame of four is £3, Samurai Infanty, Ashigaru Yari and Ashigaru Archer frames of five are £4 each, Samuari Cavalry rider or horse frames of six are £5 each and the Orc frame of three is £3. Those prices are quite reasonable IMHO, and suggest the box sets won't be overpriced.

Don't know if this was already reported - the post is from 13 January.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Strawhat » 20 Feb 2016, 00:29

Pre-order!

http://www.warlordgames.com/pre-order-p ... mish-game/

For only $175...And me with this new X-Wing monkey on my wallet.

OK, so for $175 you get:
  • 10 Male Survivors
  • 10 Female Survivors
  • 23 Zombies (12 Female, 11 Male)
  • 6 Bikers, 2 bikes
  • Biker boss
  • 8 Special Ops troopers
  • (metal) Feral Dogs
  • Game Books/rules
  • Tokens
  • Cards
  • Ruler

The "bad news" looks to be that the zombie horde expansions are going to be co-ed, while the survivor boxes will be same-sex sets. Maybe they'll offer the male zombie sprues individually. I want six. Then I'll look at buying a box or three of the co-ed sets. I really don't consider this to be horrible news, it's just a minor hurdle for those of us who already have the ladies.
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby Tripod » 20 Feb 2016, 16:22

The only down side for us who have the sets already is that we need to buy the expansion sets to get the gaming cards if we want to use their rules. On the plus side Warlord have been far quicker in releasing product than WGF was . It will be interesting to see what's next
Tripod
Chief

Postby Strawhat » 22 Feb 2016, 19:20

Strawhat wrote:The "bad news" looks to be that the zombie horde expansions are going to be co-ed, while the survivor boxes will be same-sex sets. Maybe they'll offer the male zombie sprues individually. I want six. Then I'll look at buying a box or three of the co-ed sets. I really don't consider this to be horrible news, it's just a minor hurdle for those of us who already have the ladies.

I posted a comment on the Warlord boards about single sprues. Warlord are looking into it (nothing final yet). So, for those here who want to pick up single sprues (or potentially even boxes) of the male zombies, it might be worth it to go over to Warlord and get yourself heard.

It'd be even better if you have an actual interest in the game, but sales are sales!
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

PreviousNext

Return to Wargames Factory News