Two new Dreamforge Kits Released.

News and Announcements related to Wargames Factory.

Two new Dreamforge Kits Released.

Postby Paul » 09 Jun 2015, 14:57

Eisenkern Command Squad and 28mm Right Hand Vulkan Cannon kits are now available for order in our webstore!

Here are some links with further details:

http://www.wargamesfactory.com/announcements/eisenkern-command-squad-released

http://www.wargamesfactory.com/announcements/28mm-right-hand-vulkan-cannon-released

Paul
Site Admin

Re: Two new Dreamforge Kits Released.

Postby wmyers » 09 Jun 2015, 21:51

That command squad is looking pretty nice!

You guys must be getting some shipments from the coast.

I would like to see some opposition figures at some point too. Space commies or some such evil foes.
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby Lord_Bryon » 10 Jun 2015, 08:16

I recall seeing an alien enemy on the Facebook page. Can't seem to find the pics now.
Lord_Bryon
Commander

Postby Paul » 10 Jun 2015, 19:00

If you go to our facebook and click on "photos" it should take you straight to them.
Paul
Site Admin

Postby TheInsane » 10 Jun 2015, 20:00

You mean they actually did snipers properly? With a two man unit, instead of a whole damned 7 man + squad of "snipers", that all had to stick together, like a group of lemmings? I am thoroughly impressed... Me thinks I'm gonna need some o' that, eventually.
TheInsane
Crewman

Postby HalberKill » 11 Jun 2015, 06:15

Wow, those aliens look awesome. Is there one without a helmet?

Also are you planning on doing a kit of that hovercar that is flying in the background of your Valkir Heavy Troopers' box?

Halber
HalberKill
Crewman

Postby Paul » 11 Jun 2015, 13:56

You mean they actually did snipers properly?

Mark studies actual military(s) fairly carefully when designing his kits, glad you're appreciating his work.

Wow, those aliens look awesome. Is there one without a helmet?

The contents of the Shadokesh aliens kit is still in the works, so I'm not sure. There is another class of shadokesh that won't have armor, the "feral shadokesh". Here's a link to Mark's blog showing a feral shadokesh in progress. http://dreamforge-games.blogspot.com/2015/03/reworking-feral-shadokesh.html

also are you planning on doing a kit of that hovercar?

Good question, the model has been built and designed. Its "tool-ability", production cost etc needs to be reviewed still. Hopefully yes.
Paul
Site Admin

Postby puster » 16 Jul 2015, 22:52

Just got my command kit. Dreamforge releases are on autobuy for now...

I like the idea of complete mule-legs on a sprue, as these cover the most usual poses. Even as somebody who loves kit-building these legs do tempt my patience, as I wait for several hours between the steps to ensure stability. Still I would miss the chance to build the odd own pose, but as its unlikely that you will change the mule-sprue there is no danger. Up to 15 of these walking tablets now.

Apart from mule-legs, the kit does not offer many spare parts. Actually the sprues are so full (a typical feature of DF) with the parts to build the command sprue that two sensor heads had to come seperate (Probably a logistical nightmare... - or perhaps they just came loose)

Overall a kit that nicely complements the existing sets. There is a reason why Dreamforge is on autobuy for me :-)

I just hope the assault gun will be redrafted as a ground craft, perhaps with short hover capacities, as any serious anti-grav technology would imho change the whole tech-feeling for the background (why ground hog anything if you can build flying tanks). Not sure on that one yet, but looking forward to the Keilerkopf-variants.
puster
Cadet

Return to Wargames Factory News