Webstore has been Closed

News and Announcements related to Wargames Factory.

Webstore has been Closed

Postby Paul » 02 Nov 2015, 17:45

Hi Guys, the web store is no longer taking orders. Warlord games should be adding most of the kits to their selection over the next several months.

A deal is in the works with Dreamforge-Games to continue to offer on the side some of the kits Warlord didn't want to pickup. More details on that in the future.
Paul
Site Admin

Re: Webstore has been Closed

Postby steel91101 » 02 Nov 2015, 18:00

Thanks Paul - I hate to see it go, as WGF was one of my favorite companies ever. Much success in everything.
Steel, as in Stainless Steel Rat.

Longtime miniatures gamer, and RPG gamer.
steel91101
Crewman

Postby bvandewalker » 02 Nov 2015, 18:59

Sad to see the store go, you guy were the only mini company that I can think of that I bought directly from (think I may try out eccentric minis and HaT at some point), still it is awesome of Dreamforge. Which ones are they picking up, just Rome? or is it Rome+Zulus etc? Are the Shock Trooper getting picked up by anyone?
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby mrinku » 03 Nov 2015, 23:09

Thank you and goodnight. o7
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Paul » 04 Nov 2015, 16:13

What kits will be carried by DFG are still being determined. A lot of depends on what price WGF China will be able to give DFG on the kits.

The WWII kits are the ones I can say with confidence will be offered by DFG. That's because there is still a bunch of inventory left for those kits in the US and its already been transferred to DFG's warehouse.
Paul
Site Admin

Postby HalberKill » 04 Nov 2015, 20:05

AUGH! The store's most useful part, the ability to see the assembled minis for the sets, is gone with the store. Is there a way to just leave the store up but not be able to order.

Halber
HalberKill
Crewman

Postby wmyers » 04 Nov 2015, 22:29

Paul wrote:What kits will be carried by DFG are still being determined. A lot of depends on what price WGF China will be able to give DFG on the kits.

The WWII kits are the ones I can say with confidence say will be offered by DFG. That's because there is still a bunch of inventory left for those kits in the US and its already been transferred to DFG's warehouse.

Most people did not think that Warlord would want to carry the WWII sets.

What about the War and Conquest rules books? I just read reviews of them and of how they are more of a streamlined WAB rules set and wish I would have ordered them on the 40 to 50% off sales. Any chance of them being able to be offered for sale still?
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby Jack007 » 05 Nov 2015, 17:40

Just a bit of FYI here guys..
Im at a library today and just 'learned' when I entered WF web address from their public computer, it redirected me to an automobile "factory" website. I only found my way back by going thru Google. So, that's another sign as someone previously said, "the curtain HAS come down" on WF. The only thing left will be the inevitable day we come back and get the response, "that website no longer exists" :cry: to pop up on the screen.

Paul wrote:What kits will be carried by DFG are still being determined. A lot of depends on what price WGF China will be able to give DFG on the kits.
The WWII kits are the ones I can say with confidence say will be offered by DFG. That's because there is still a bunch of inventory left for those kits in the US and its already been transferred to DFG's warehouse.

Well theres some ray of hope in that. And it pretty much IMO 'confirms' what many of us had suspected, that is that WL would not want any of WF's 2nd WW line, as they already have a very extensive line as it is.
Now as for Dream Forge, while its good to know they will probably pick up WF WWII inventory, Im sure were all asking, "How will that effect the price?"

Ironic, with so many projects all at once, I never got around to getting my "Greek / Persian" wars project even started. However I do have about 18 of the Persian inf. from the sprue 'bundle deal' left, and since playing a round of Force On Force, IM thinking they 'should' make pretty good conversions to modern Mideast insurgents, just need to get some modern weapons and head swaps. Hmmm, like many of you Im now wishing I had been able to pick up a few more items from WF before the store had been closed. Alas, to Ebay and the internet in general, "a hunting we will go".

Well Paul.. thanks for the update, sad though it is.
"You see old friend. I brought more soldiers than you did." *Leonidas-300
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby wmyers » 06 Nov 2015, 00:43

Jack007 wrote:Ironic, with so many projects all at once, I never got around to getting my "Greek / Persian" wars project even started. However I do have about 18 of the Persian inf. from the sprue 'bundle deal' left, and since playing a round of Force On Force, IM thinking they 'should' make pretty good conversions to modern Mideast insurgents, just need to get some modern weapons and head swaps. Hmmm, like many of you Im now wishing I had been able to pick up a few more items from WF before the store had been closed. Alas, to Ebay and the internet in general, "a hunting we will go".

I have seen some conversions of the Persians using the heads and the arms from the Apocalypse survivors as they have RPG's and AK's. They looked not too bad like that. Some had added/changed headgear using 'green stuff'.

Come to think of it, it was 'mrinku' who made them. They were on the olde forum. (just do a google search for "wargames factory persians as terrorists")
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby Tripod » 06 Nov 2015, 16:29

wmyers wrote:
Jack007 wrote:Ironic, with so many projects all at once, I never got around to getting my "Greek / Persian" wars project even started. However I do have about 18 of the Persian inf. from the sprue 'bundle deal' left, and since playing a round of Force On Force, IM thinking they 'should' make pretty good conversions to modern Mideast insurgents, just need to get some modern weapons and head swaps. Hmmm, like many of you Im now wishing I had been able to pick up a few more items from WF before the store had been closed. Alas, to Ebay and the internet in general, "a hunting we will go".

I have seen some conversions of the Persians using the heads and the arms from the Apocalypse survivors as they have RPG's and AK's. They looked not too bad like that. Some had added/changed headgear using 'green stuff'.

Come to think of it, it was 'mrinku' who made them. They were on the olde forum. (just do a google search for "wargames factory persians as terrorists")

Try "hoard o bits". They are in the U.S. And carry a large range of WGF bits and bits from other suppliers.i have always had good service from them.
Tripod
Chief

Next

Return to Wargames Factory News