Amazon Cavalry & Chariotry

Discuss Wargames Factory's Legacy of the Greeks products.

Amazon Cavalry & Chariotry

Postby Luoshangzhi » 27 Mar 2014, 14:55

Precisely that, follow on sets to the infantry! I'd love to see a chariot set ala "Scipio and his Legions" from the movie Gladiator complete with scythe blades for the vehicles and the crew of amazons armed to the teeth:

Leland R. Erickson

"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Personal blog site: http://blackwidowpilot.blogspot.com
Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant

Re: Amazon Cavalry & Chariotry

Postby Lord_Bryon » 27 Mar 2014, 16:06

Amazon chariots would be a welcome addition.
Lord_Bryon
Commander

Postby Froggy the Great » 27 Mar 2014, 16:18

I may have to make some...
Froggy the Great
Crewman

Postby wilkie » 27 Mar 2014, 17:41

The Wargames Factory Celt Chariots are a nice foundation for conversion. I turned a box of them into the Roman variety with some modest effort and they looked good enough to draw a purchase offer I couldn't refuse.
wilkie
Cadet

Postby mrinku » 27 Mar 2014, 19:50

The Celt ones should be more than fine for Greeks, and those strapping Celtic lads would do well as slaves for the Amazons :)
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Luoshangzhi » 28 Mar 2014, 15:45

A Celtic chariot just isn't wide enough nor impressive enough for the Amazons IMHO. I say four horse chariots ala the scythed chariots used by the Achamenid Persians and later Seleucids:

[img]http://weaponsandwarfare.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/carros-con-guadañas-contra-la-falange-Gaugamela-331-a.C..jpg[/img]

And we need cavalry for the Amazons in equal measure IMHO:

Leland R. Erickson

"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant

Postby mrinku » 28 Mar 2014, 16:46

Since you'd be scratch building the whole upper works, extending the width wouldn't be much more effort. And the kit DOES have a suitable female warrior in it...
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Luoshangzhi » 28 Mar 2014, 22:46

mrinku wrote:Since you'd be scratch building the whole upper works, extending the width wouldn't be much more effort. And the kit DOES have a suitable female warrior in it...

That's the problem at this point, Mark; I'm going to have to do some extensive fabrication to get the dozen or more chariots I'd like to eventually build an Amazon army around. So we're looking at (1) extending the axle in both direction, (2) building new bodywork from scratch, (3) adding body armor to the horses and that's four nags per chariot, (4) fabricating the assorted scythe blades, and (5) smoothing out the crude woodwork of the Celtic original.

So it's either WF produces a suitable chariot, or I have to spring for some metal 28mm Seleucid scythed chariots and adapt some WF Amazons as the crew. Hmmm... :twisted:

So we're back to the need for dedicated Amazon cavalry... 8-)
Leland R. Erickson

Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant

Postby mrinku » 28 Mar 2014, 23:02

Slice it down the middle, add a centre exyension with plasticard, reinforce it underneath.

Amazons aren't Seleucids, so their blades can be of a design of your choosing... I'd use spare swords.

But yes, a fair bit of scratching on the rest.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Luoshangzhi » 02 Apr 2014, 00:31

mrinku wrote:Slice it down the middle, add a centre exyension with plasticard, reinforce it underneath.

Amazons aren't Seleucids, so their blades can be of a design of your choosing... I'd use spare swords.

But yes, a fair bit of scratching on the rest.

Bah! Too much extra work! I'm getting older and busier and lazier of late, so guess I'll have to lump it with a Seleucid scythed carrot until WF gets around to the problem (if ever). Phooey! :lol:
Leland R. Erickson

Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant

Next

Return to Legacy of the Greeks