Base size/shape

Discuss Wargames Factory's Legacy of the Greeks products.

Base size/shape

Postby Badger » 11 Sep 2014, 03:32

What sizes are your Amazons based on? The kneeling Amazon body doesn't fit a 20mm square and barely fits a 25mm round. Ideas/tips?
Badger
Cadet

Re: Base size/shape

Postby bvandewalker » 15 Sep 2014, 17:53

I don't own any of the amazons and I am fairly new to basing and building myself, But from looking around the web there are a couple of things you can do:

1. you can take three or more of them and place them on a single large base (like the ones used for chariots).

2. the cavalry bases with some modification might do.

3. Used gift cards, perhaps cut in half might work for you.

4. 50 cent machine toy capsule bottoms. (you can always make it a small hill)

5. pill bottle tops.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Badger » 15 Sep 2014, 19:22

A few great tips there...I'm going to buy a few more boxes first, then I'll play around with some of these. The multi-figure per base idea seems to be the right one.
Badger
Cadet

Postby Jack007 » 16 Sep 2014, 17:28

Badger,
It may be of little help, but 'personally' I have found that 1 in. / 25mm square bases work the best for figures of this size. Thats what Im using for my Dark Age Fantasy and Wars of Empire Colonial British (none of the later have been posted yet). The exception are the Zulu's which, like many, I use the 1 in. fender washer.

Heres a suggestion, BEFORE you spend any $$ on buying larger bases, you can also just grab an empty cereal box, and cut a few 1 in. square bases to 'test baseing' with. Actually, thats exactly what I did with my british before making my final decision.
Also, when did this, I used simple white/ pva/ elmers glue to hold them in place. It holds great -for a few days- but it lets you get a good idea how they will look. Best of all being water based itself, it cleans off with just a touch of soap and water, leaving no residue at all.
"You see old friend. I brought more soldiers than you did." *Leonidas-300
Jack007
Lieutenant

Return to Legacy of the Greeks