Orc "Cavalry"

Discuss Wargames Factory's Myths and Legends products.

Orc "Cavalry"

Postby Luoshangzhi » 25 Mar 2014, 17:36

OK, so I'm going to resurrect an old idea I floated on the original WF forum, that of a follow-on set for the orcs, a set of orc cavalry, only their mounts are worse than mere Wargs:

Entelodonts in one form or another would make the perfect mounts for orcs, hobgoblins, or Uruk-hai/Great Orcs alike... :twisted:
Leland R. Erickson

"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Personal blog site: http://blackwidowpilot.blogspot.com
Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant

Re: Orc "Cavalry"

Postby Lord_Bryon » 26 Mar 2014, 08:18

After seeing the Entelodont on the previous forums and loving it; I've not been able to find an acceptable mount for my orcs. They just don't mesure up. If only I had the resources to fund these on my own. I'm totally 100% behind this idea.
Lord_Bryon
Commander

Postby Luoshangzhi » 27 Mar 2014, 14:44

Lord_Bryon wrote:After seeing the Entelodont on the previous forums and loving it; I've not been able to find an acceptable mount for my orcs. They just don't mesure up. If only I had the resources to fund these on my own. I'm totally 100% behind this idea.

To me it's was love at first sight/bite with these brutes, and they struck me as being far nastier and tougher than any mere Warg, being described by one paleontologist as "…a hog dipped in armor!" :twisted:

This is also why I think each orc or hobgoblin rider whouls carry a metal mace as standard, not as a hand weapon so much as a "riding crop" to control their armor-coated mounts! :lol:
Leland R. Erickson

"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant

Postby Lord_Bryon » 27 Mar 2014, 16:24

I'm of the opinion that maces have always been grossly under represented in miniature anyway. Spiked clubs would also be cool in my opinion.
Lord_Bryon
Commander

Postby Luoshangzhi » 28 Mar 2014, 22:53

Lord_Bryon wrote:I'm of the opinion that maces have always been grossly under represented in miniature anyway. Spiked clubs would also be cool in my opinion.

A spikes mace or club would make controlling one's Terminator Piggy a bit easier considering how tough their hides apparently were... :lol:
Leland R. Erickson

Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant

Postby Lord_Bryon » 10 Apr 2014, 08:24

I wonder if the orcs are amongst the bestselling models for WF. I assume that because I like something and purchase lots of them than everyone else must as well. I would love nothing more than to get some Orc cavalry or even a heavily armored orc set with the same "classic" feel to them that the WF orcs embody.

I understand that if sales don't justify an expansion of the line my desires are little more than a pipe dream.

Lonnie, can you shine some light on any possible expansions of the orc line?
Lord_Bryon
Commander

Postby Lonnie » 10 Apr 2014, 11:30

At this moment I can only say that the US Design Team is not working on any strictly fantasy ranges of miniatures but we have discussed expanding the Fantasy range for some time; with what we haven't nailed down. We, of course, have the 6 historical sets coming and have a slew of other sets in various stages of planning; some are ready for tooling. I'm not really allowed to discuss specifics.
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby Lord_Bryon » 10 Apr 2014, 12:44

Fair enough.

I'll keep my dreams of orc cavalry and heavy orc infantry alive for the moment.
Lord_Bryon
Commander

Postby Rick » 10 Apr 2014, 15:51

Dire Wolves make good steeds.
Rick
Chief

Postby Lord_Bryon » 10 Apr 2014, 15:57

Rick wrote:Dire Wolves make good steeds.

Where do you source them from. Dire wolves are acceptable but I havent found a good model to use. I tried some GW Chaos Hounds because I liked the look (without all the chaos mutations and whatnot), but the riders don't fit. (I tried both Chaos Marauder horsemen and WF Ancient German Cavalry riders). The demon dogs are two small.

Or are you suggesting that WF use dire wolves as steeds as a future product release?
Last edited by Lord_Bryon on 10 Apr 2014, 16:53, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Bryon
Commander

Next

Return to Myths and Legends