Orc "Cavalry"

Discuss Wargames Factory's Myths and Legends products.

Re: Orc "Cavalry"

Postby Rick » 10 Apr 2014, 16:38

Lord_Bryon wrote:
Rick wrote:Dire Wolves make good steeds.

Or are you suggesting that WF use dire wolves as steeds as a future product release?



either or.
Rick
Chief
 
Posts: 236
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 09:49

Re: Orc "Cavalry"

Postby tbopper1 » 11 Apr 2014, 00:18

Wolves or wargs, keep it simple would be my vote. Would really love to see some to go along with the orcs, my personal favorite of WF figs.
tbopper1
Cadet
 
Posts: 26
Joined: 21 Mar 2014, 00:16

Re: Orc "Cavalry"

Postby Luoshangzhi » 11 Apr 2014, 02:05

tbopper1 wrote:Wolves or wargs, keep it simple would be my vote. Would really love to see some to go along with the orcs, my personal favorite of WF figs.



Wolf riding goblinoids have been done to death IMHO, and an Entelodont would *eat* a Dire Wolf like an Arkansas razorback boar would snap up a Chihuahua... :twisted:

Of course, Dire wolf riding *goblins* would be fine by me, especially if their gear stylistically tied them to the larger orcs:

Image

Image

Image
Leland R. Erickson

"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Personal blog site: http://blackwidowpilot.blogspot.com
User avatar
Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 357
Joined: 04 Mar 2014, 18:29
Location: Northern California

Re: Orc "Cavalry"

Postby Froggy the Great » 11 Apr 2014, 07:11

Luoshangzhi wrote:
tbopper1 wrote:Of course, Dire wolf riding *goblins* would be fine by me, especially if their gear stylistically tied them to the larger orcs:

Wait, when did dire wolves ever ride goblins? Granted, that's a conversion I'd definitely do...
User avatar
Froggy the Great
Crewman
 
Posts: 68
Joined: 05 Mar 2014, 07:45

Re: Orc "Cavalry"

Postby Lord_Bryon » 11 Apr 2014, 07:33

Agree on the goblins. I'm also with Leland as I'd rather see orcish mounts that are more bestial such as Entelodont. Although I've been considering just mounting the orcs on horses.
User avatar
Lord_Bryon
Commander
 
Posts: 594
Joined: 07 Mar 2014, 07:43
Location: Mesa, Arizona

Re: Orc "Cavalry"

Postby tbopper1 » 11 Apr 2014, 08:33

Nope, give me the old standard, wolf/warg riders. But I'm not really into fantasy, just middle-earth gaming. WF orcs really did blow me away so I've always wished for a complimentary box of riders.
tbopper1
Cadet
 
Posts: 26
Joined: 21 Mar 2014, 00:16

Re: Orc "Cavalry"

Postby Lord_Bryon » 11 Apr 2014, 10:09

I'll be honest I'm open to just about anything for orc mounts other than boars. There is a 1/72 kit of wargs by Dark Alliance that look pretty good. I'd love for a similar kit in 28mm.

dawarg.png


I also found a couple of inspiring orcish warg rider pictures while browsing the googles....

Worgrider.jpg


worg2.jpg
User avatar
Lord_Bryon
Commander
 
Posts: 594
Joined: 07 Mar 2014, 07:43
Location: Mesa, Arizona

Re: Orc "Cavalry"

Postby mrinku » 11 Apr 2014, 14:20

Froggy the Great wrote:
Luoshangzhi wrote:
tbopper1 wrote:Of course, Dire wolf riding *goblins* would be fine by me, especially if their gear stylistically tied them to the larger orcs:

Wait, when did dire wolves ever ride goblins? Granted, that's a conversion I'd definitely do...


We do not talk of this.
Mark Dewis
User avatar
mrinku
Commander
 
Posts: 574
Joined: 05 Mar 2014, 04:17
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

Re: Orc "Cavalry"

Postby Luoshangzhi » 11 Apr 2014, 22:31

tbopper1 wrote:Nope, give me the old standard, wolf/warg riders. But I'm not really into fantasy, just middle-earth gaming. WF orcs really did blow me away so I've always wished for a complimentary box of riders.



Wargs… hmmm… perhaps something not quite a dog/not quite a hawg will do as a compromise:

Image

and if not my ole pal Hyenadon, then perhaps Andrewsarchus will get the job done:

Image

Image

Image

Image
Leland R. Erickson

"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Personal blog site: http://blackwidowpilot.blogspot.com
User avatar
Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 357
Joined: 04 Mar 2014, 18:29
Location: Northern California

Re: Orc "Cavalry"

Postby Luoshangzhi » 11 Apr 2014, 22:39

Just found these size comparison illustrations:


Image


Image

Image

Image

Image
Leland R. Erickson

"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Personal blog site: http://blackwidowpilot.blogspot.com
User avatar
Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 357
Joined: 04 Mar 2014, 18:29
Location: Northern California

PreviousNext

Return to Myths and Legends

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests