Orc "Cavalry"

Discuss Wargames Factory's Myths and Legends products.

Re: Orc "Cavalry"

Postby Rick » 10 Apr 2014, 16:38

Lord_Bryon wrote:
Rick wrote:Dire Wolves make good steeds.

Or are you suggesting that WF use dire wolves as steeds as a future product release?

either or.
Rick
Chief

Postby tbopper1 » 11 Apr 2014, 00:18

Wolves or wargs, keep it simple would be my vote. Would really love to see some to go along with the orcs, my personal favorite of WF figs.
tbopper1
Cadet

Postby Luoshangzhi » 11 Apr 2014, 02:05

tbopper1 wrote:Wolves or wargs, keep it simple would be my vote. Would really love to see some to go along with the orcs, my personal favorite of WF figs.

Wolf riding goblinoids have been done to death IMHO, and an Entelodont would *eat* a Dire Wolf like an Arkansas razorback boar would snap up a Chihuahua... :twisted:

Of course, Dire wolf riding *goblins* would be fine by me, especially if their gear stylistically tied them to the larger orcs:

Leland R. Erickson

"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Personal blog site: http://blackwidowpilot.blogspot.com
Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant

Postby Froggy the Great » 11 Apr 2014, 07:11

Luoshangzhi wrote:
tbopper1 wrote:Of course, Dire wolf riding *goblins* would be fine by me, especially if their gear stylistically tied them to the larger orcs:

Wait, when did dire wolves ever ride goblins? Granted, that's a conversion I'd definitely do...
Froggy the Great
Crewman

Postby Lord_Bryon » 11 Apr 2014, 07:33

Agree on the goblins. I'm also with Leland as I'd rather see orcish mounts that are more bestial such as Entelodont. Although I've been considering just mounting the orcs on horses.
Lord_Bryon
Commander

Postby tbopper1 » 11 Apr 2014, 08:33

Nope, give me the old standard, wolf/warg riders. But I'm not really into fantasy, just middle-earth gaming. WF orcs really did blow me away so I've always wished for a complimentary box of riders.
tbopper1
Cadet

Postby Lord_Bryon » 11 Apr 2014, 10:09

I'll be honest I'm open to just about anything for orc mounts other than boars. There is a 1/72 kit of wargs by Dark Alliance that look pretty good. I'd love for a similar kit in 28mm.

dawarg.png

I also found a couple of inspiring orcish warg rider pictures while browsing the googles....

Worgrider.jpg

worg2.jpg
Lord_Bryon
Commander

Postby mrinku » 11 Apr 2014, 14:20

Froggy the Great wrote:
Luoshangzhi wrote:
tbopper1 wrote:Of course, Dire wolf riding *goblins* would be fine by me, especially if their gear stylistically tied them to the larger orcs:

Wait, when did dire wolves ever ride goblins? Granted, that's a conversion I'd definitely do...

We do not talk of this.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Luoshangzhi » 11 Apr 2014, 22:31

tbopper1 wrote:Nope, give me the old standard, wolf/warg riders. But I'm not really into fantasy, just middle-earth gaming. WF orcs really did blow me away so I've always wished for a complimentary box of riders.

Wargs… hmmm… perhaps something not quite a dog/not quite a hawg will do as a compromise:

and if not my ole pal Hyenadon, then perhaps Andrewsarchus will get the job done:

Leland R. Erickson

"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant

Postby Luoshangzhi » 11 Apr 2014, 22:39

Just found these size comparison illustrations:

Leland R. Erickson

Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Myths and Legends