Skeletons

Discuss Wargames Factory's Myths and Legends products.

Skeletons

Postby Lord_Bryon » 18 Mar 2014, 15:18

I just got a box of the retooled Skeletons. I'm liking what I see. Once I get some put together I'll post up some pics.
Lord_Bryon
Commander

Re: Skeletons

Postby Potter » 31 Mar 2014, 16:21

Cool,looking forward to it!

I've some of the originals, and really liked the details and realism of scale, so am seriously wanting some of the retooled figs
Potter
Cadet

Postby Darsc Zacal » 31 Mar 2014, 16:46

Lord_Bryon wrote:I just got a box of the retooled Skeletons. I'm liking what I see. Once I get some put together I'll post up some pics.

Out of curiousity, do you know the reason behind the retooling and what, if any, the differences might be?
Darsc Zacal
Chief

Postby Lonnie » 31 Mar 2014, 20:39

The reason we retooled the skeletons Darsc is that the femur and humerus bones were too thin and broke if you looked at them sideways so we made them a tiny bit thicker, we also made the attachment points for the arms and heads visible where before they were microscopic and finally we combined the parts onto one sprue allowing us to get rid of the wretched mini-sprues on this kit. I, of course, exaggerate a bit but those reasons main reasons for the retool.

The changes gave us more durable figures, cut down on waste plastic, and all but eliminated packing errors since the packers only pack 4 or 5 of the same sprue (I can't remember which off the top of my head) instead of 60 or 70 damn mini-sprues.
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby Darsc Zacal » 31 Mar 2014, 21:30

So if I were to look for these locally, how would I tell the difference between a box of original skellies and a box of retooled skellies?
Darsc Zacal
Chief

Postby mrinku » 01 Apr 2014, 00:31

Packaging. If the box doesn't look like the current one in the shop, it's probably the old stock.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Darsc Zacal » 01 Apr 2014, 00:59

mrinku wrote:Packaging. If the box doesn't look like the current one in the shop, it's probably the old stock.

Thanks.

I wasn't sure if the packaging between the two sets was similar or not.
Darsc Zacal
Chief

Postby mrinku » 01 Apr 2014, 02:39

I found a 2012 review of the original box:
http://myminiaturemadness.blogspot.com. ... antic.html

And here's the new ones:
http://www.wargamesfactory.com/webstore ... /wgf-ml002

New box is slimmer too, I think.

At the end of the day, you can easily tell them apart by the sprues. If it's lots of individual ones, it's the old set and you should push for a discount.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Lord_Bryon » 01 Apr 2014, 14:23

There are also a few different skulls in the new skeletons. A demon type skull with horns, a really mangled skull with big gashes, and a helmeted head, I painted some up, just have to convinse my wife to take some pictures for me.

I have about 100 of the old skellies and they are far more frustrating to put together. I can't tell you how many times I snapped a femur. I can't say the new set is completely immune to this but they are by far more sturdy and easier to put together. Only item missing compared to the old batch are scabards. Which is fine because I don't usually put those on my models anyway.

One think Lonnie didn't mention is that the feet connection is different in the new ones as well. And it works much better.
Lord_Bryon
Commander

Postby Lord_Bryon » 02 Apr 2014, 07:59

Here is a pic or 3 of the first "test" skellie from the new box.

Disclaimer, neither his shield or his weapon come in the box, they are from the saxon and orc sets respectively.

Lord_Bryon
Commander

Next

Return to Myths and Legends