Kneeling Pose #4

Discuss Wargames Factory's World War 2 products.

Kneeling Pose #4

Postby wmyers » 10 May 2014, 16:17

Okay, I started my box of German Infantry I got from the Easter Sale. However, I just can't make heads or tails of exactly HOW pose #4 is supposed to be placed?!

It is made like the rear leg should be resting upon an object as it is off the base - which makes it very hard to glue with any sort of strength and stability. If you place the rear foot off the rear of the base, it works better - but that's just silly and obviously NOT the way it was designed (at least I hope not …). If you roll the figure to it's right, then it is way off balance.

Also, the non-weapon dedicated hands are specifically placed with the hand opening in very unique positions of grasping - it would be nice to know which open hand was designed for which item - but this is another question.

Methinks an instruction sheet should have been included.

Help!
wmyers
Lieutenant

Re: Kneeling Pose #4

Postby Lonnie » 10 May 2014, 17:49

Different views of figure 4. This pose is taken directly from many pictures of German soldiers in WWII. It does work best with some rubble but can work without.
Attachments
German001.jpg
German002.jpg
German003.jpg
German004.jpg
German005.jpg
German006.jpg
German007.jpg
German008.jpg
German009.jpg
German010.jpg
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Re: Kneeling Pose #4

Postby wmyers » 11 May 2014, 10:28

Thank you!!!

Okay, I see the entrenching tool is used for balance on his left side! I placed mine more upright as I was thinking it would appear to be too far too the left and off balance but it looks good in this picture!

I know it's a more dynamic pose that appears to be a soldier in the process of kneeling down - I was just not sure how to properly achieve the look the sculptor had envisioned and designed.

These figures are really well detailed. Any pictures I've seen do not seem to do these well made figures justice.

If there was one recommendation, it would be the neck on the figure is the part that is angled and the head sculpts all have flat necks so they can all be interchanged with the different bodies without a lot of extra filing and filling.
wmyers
Lieutenant

Return to World War 2