Pose #5 Help

Discuss Wargames Factory's World War 2 products.

Pose #5 Help

Postby wmyers » 25 May 2014, 23:14

I am slowly plugging away at the Germans. I did a full set of 10 poses - most being customs.

Now I am completing the second group of 10 and for pose #5 I am wondering what the hands (RA5 and LA5) were designed to hold?

They look like they would be perfect for ammo boxes with the fingers being flat on the backs and the way the hands are posed, but there is already a dedicated ammo box arm for another pose. I just can't see 6 out of 30 poses being designed to carry belt fed mg ammo boxes.

So, what is the pose designed to hold? (I noted that was the pose that is not present, as far as I can find, on the site's pictures of figures.)

Thank you, in advance!!!
wmyers
Lieutenant

Re: Pose #5 Help

Postby wmyers » 26 May 2014, 18:13

Anyone?
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby Lonnie » 26 May 2014, 20:40

Are you matching up the numbers/letters on the frames with the bodies? I don't have a frame handy at the moment to help out but I do know that we coded each body and each weapon combination.
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby wmyers » 27 May 2014, 07:44

Lonnie wrote:Are you matching up the numbers/letters on the frames with the bodies? I don't have a frame handy at the moment to help out but I do know that we coded each body and each weapon combination.

Yes, I am matching up the numbers for the #5 body and arms - I don't have pictures to show - but they are two empty hands with fingers at a 90 degree angle (not cupped for a front barrel nor holding anything pre-moulded).
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby Lonnie » 27 May 2014, 08:53

Forgive the crudeness of the images as they were taken on the fly. Most of the arm pairs in this set can work with most of the bodies. Most but not all. You'll have to experiment to see which ones will work and which ones won't.
Attachments
20140527_104614.jpg
Figure 5; Multiple poses
Lonnie Mullins
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby wmyers » 27 May 2014, 19:45

Thank you for the quick reply.

I see you've got each of the three with different arms. The first figure I made I grabbed some random arm with a weapon and matched up an arm to go with it.

I wanted to try to make the figure the way the original sculptor (Kevin Johnson) intended.
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby Lonnie » 28 May 2014, 05:06

I'll tell you this, Kevin intended the body to be used with multiple arms. He and I and the other design team member hammered it out that way; there was no single set pose designed.
Lonnie Mullins
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby mrinku » 29 May 2014, 16:36

I might have missed it on that sprue, but one thing that can be annoying sometimes is matching up the arm pairs and working out which ones go together in some of the kits. Worse with the older ones like Rising Sun, not so much a problem with Apocs. The current policy of lettering them is good, but I do find it a bit of a chore to work out which arm pairs are going to give the pose I'm after. But I do realise you're intending to do assembly guides.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Return to World War 2