More Surviors

Suggest and discuss future product ideas!

Re: More Surviors

Postby bvandewalker » 30 Aug 2014, 01:53

wmyers wrote:

Are you hinting WGF is going to make Mad Max figures?!

actually I think he, personally, was just really excited about the show. Maybe there is some talk about doing a set of post apoc raiders among WGF's board (I wouldn't know it since I don't work for them). I know that there was talk among fans on the old forum about such a set, but it has issues, like what games would support it.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Lonnie » 30 Aug 2014, 13:59

I never hint. I imply, you lot infer. ;) Though it would be cool to have bikers and other rag-tag vehicles in a post apocalyptic world; whether that world was destroyed by zombies, social collapse, or any other disaster.
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby Jack007 » 16 Sep 2014, 18:01

Darsc Zacal wrote:As a kid my best friend and his younger brother received a pair of slingshots with arm braces.
Those things were deadly and fairly accurate up to a certain range.
Have no idea what his parents were thinking letting us play with them. We could have easily put someone's eye out.

Dars Zacal,
In my region they were marketed as "Wrist Rockets", and rightly so. And looking back, IIRC, if it was not dangerous enough 'as is', some fool actually produced and sold 'ammunition' for them. Basically it could be described as either, a pretty small Ballbearing or slightly large '00' Buckshot. At close enough range, I have no doubt, a kid or anyone, could have "killed" another person with a shot in the temple, or through the eye socket. :cry:

So "game wise".. yea that could be an actual weapon in a -do or die- situation such as the upcoming Zombie Apocalypse.
"You see old friend. I brought more soldiers than you did." *Leonidas-300
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby Corporal-Chaos » 05 May 2015, 20:13

Bringing this back from the dead... How about some SWAT or National Guard moderns in the apoc aftermath ?
Corporal-Chaos
Cadet

Postby 1classybadger » 05 May 2015, 20:27

national guardsmen and Swat troopers could be done with a modern combat kit
1classybadger
Commander

Postby bvandewalker » 05 May 2015, 23:26

Corporal-Chaos wrote:Bringing this back from the dead... How about some SWAT or National Guard moderns in the apoc aftermath ?

beyond the modern military, insurgents, technical, and biker set proposals, I think the best suggestions for apoc where the near future mercenaries (if WGF did them more as a custom character set and less "modern military set 2: now in shorts") and the katana/naginata wielding Japanese high school girls (they would at least get some notice if nothing else :lol: ).

There actually was a pretty good police proposal a while back :

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=88

I think if cops were done as set (personally I am with badger on this one right now), it should probably be two beat cops types (1 male, 1 female), one SWAT guy, and either a plain clothes officer or K9 guy in full gear.

As to National Guard, meh use modern military, but if we are talking the Russian Guards in these long coat uniforms with one or two of them wearing bullet proof vests over said long coat uniforms:

Than (expletive of joy) yeah! :D
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Strawhat » 06 May 2015, 22:22

bvandewalker wrote:There actually was a pretty good police proposal a while back :

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=88

I think if cops were done as set (personally I am with badger on this one right now), it should probably be two beat cops types (1 male, 1 female), one SWAT guy, and either a plain clothes officer or K9 guy in full gear.

Some of my better work although the standard is, admittedly, not very high. :D

I'd still love to put together some first responders for the early stages of the apocalypse. Or even the latter stages (Grady Memorial from The Walking Dead).
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby Corporal-Chaos » 07 May 2015, 07:27

Forgive my lack of knowledge here. I've skimmed the topics though I just recently found this forum. I do realize that there is a vast way to convert and make our own survivors. My skills are basic and would like to have kits. Lazy..lol I do enjoy seeing everyone's work and will strive to make my own. However have the powers here considered a line of small multi part vehicle kits for post apocalyptic. Not necessarily mad max style but a scavened type or light military/police riot truck. Just a newbie throwing out wishes...lol
Corporal-Chaos
Cadet

Postby Strawhat » 07 May 2015, 16:58

Vehicles are definitely high on many of our wish lists.

I'd love to see a kit that allowed a small, medium, and/or large vehicles to be built. And the modern wargamers have been dying to get some technicals onto the battlefield.
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby bvandewalker » 07 May 2015, 21:37

Corporal-Chaos wrote:Forgive my lack of knowledge here. I've skimmed the topics though I just recently found this forum. I do realize that there is a vast way to convert and make our own survivors. My skills are basic and would like to have kits. Lazy..lol I do enjoy seeing everyone's work and will strive to make my own. However have the powers here considered a line of small multi part vehicle kits for post apocalyptic. Not necessarily mad max style but a scavened type or light military/police riot truck. Just a newbie throwing out wishes...lol

They probably have as such sets have been proposed before (there was a custom cop car in the police thread and there have been quit a few different vehicles purposed over the years), however the last time the subject was touch upon by a WGF rep (I believe it was Paul, but it could have been Lonnnie), he stated quite clearly that WGF had no plans to do any vehicles in the foreseeable future (except for bikes apparently, although I suppose one could just call them iron horses :P ).

If you really want vehicles to play with for modern and apoc in 28mm, there are three easy things you can do right now:

1. keep an eye out in toy shops, other local stores (thrift and drug stores mostly), garage sales, and your friend's kids discarded trash toys. You would be amazed at what you can find (I have a broken toy tractor and some plans :twisted: ).

2. keep an eye out for models in 1/56 to 1/48 scales, for instance there are quit a few 1/48 scale tanks some of which are perfect for modern and Revell has three easy to build 1/48 snap it tanks that are preprinted for apoc (although I will be the first to admit that two of them are rather unlikely contenders for that period, but hey its apoc, who cares :lol: ).

3. In conjunction with 1&2, when you find a vehicle or other toy you like or that works for 28mm (or you think works) be sure to get the manufacturer's name or better yet website if you can and at the very least make a note of who sold it to you, particularly in regards to the cheap plastic toys, because if you want more of them it really helps to know who makes them and sells them, plus it may help other people out cause it is real sad for everyone when things go like this:

"Hey, man. where did you get that cool robot?" :D

"I don't know man, just from random toy shop." :|

"Well, do you know who made it?" :roll:

"I don't know dude, somebody in China (or was it Mexico :? ) I threw the packaging away before really looking at the labels." :oops:

"Noooo!" :cry:

Meanwhile else where in the world a hole in the wall toy store closes and a Russian plastics company decides that making toilets seats is more profitable than those toy robots they where making (Yes, they weren't being made in China or Mexico at all :twisted: ).

Another thing you can do is make stuff from scratch or use a 3D printer, but both have issues that involve time, money, and skill.
bvandewalker
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Future Products