Combat Butlers & Battle Maids (of the French verity)

Suggest and discuss future product ideas!

Postby bvandewalker » 01 Apr 2014, 16:01

It is April 1, so here is proposal that I thought would make a good joke, I actually told my Mom and she said it sounded like a good Idea for a real set, but it is still a silly Idea, add, subtract and make fun of it as you will:

Seller story: When the apocalypse happened, lord Soandso’s serving staff were ready. The maids and Butlers of the Soandso estate have trained in the martial arts for generations, no one is quite sure as to why this is: some say that it is due to the Soandsos own military tradition what with them being an army family since forever, others say the Soandsos are just a bunch paranoid results of upper crust inbreeding and it shows what with one of the Soandsos going insane each generation, but the real reason is that the Soandsos and their staff have been fighting a secret war against an ancient evil far beyond the of human sanity. So zombies are walk in the park for these service industry workers.

Bodies (torsos/legs): there should be a 1/1 ratio between butlers and maids. The butlers should look like butlers and the maids should be dressed as French maids with combat boots (why not). There should be a standing at attention pose and an action pose that can for either fighting or moping. If you decide to add more keep the 1/1 ratio in mind.

Arms: a set of arms angled so that it can be used for holding a pole arm in a fight or moping and sweeping the floor, 4 sets of arms for holding firearms (left and right pistol grips, rifle, assault rifle, and bazooka), a set of arms for holding The executioner sword and fire axe (I recommend making it like Dane axe hold from the Viking set), six left and right hand holds for the knives and other weapons. Again there should be a 1/1 ratio between butler and maid arms which means there should be 36 arms altogether for both genders per spur.

Heads: about 8 heads, 4 for the butlers and 4 for the maids. Two of the butler heads should be older with one balding with a hawk nose and the other should be bearded, mustached, and wearing a monocle. For The two younger butler heads: one should be mustached and the other should be sporting an eye patch. Three of the maid heads should the maid hats and should have a Paige boy cut, a pixy cut, and one of those braided halo buns. The last maid head should have long bangs in the front but short hair in the back and should be wearing a head band. You can add more but keep the 1/1 ratio in mind.

Weapons/ accessories: a meat cleaver, a large kitchen knife also called a chef’s knife, top hat to glue on to butler heads, chef hat to glue, bucket, mop, broom, feather duster, bazooka, an assault rifle, hunting rifle, draganov sniper rifle, dueling pistol, rapier, fencing foil, epee, large two handed executioner sword with no tip, fire axe, A naginata, a Swiss halberd , a bill halberd, a Chinese crescent moon halberd.

Spur notes: I was originally thinking Viking spur set up, altering it is fine though.

References: Anime, web comics, JRPGS, anime, tabletop games, other entertainment, anime,Television Tropes and Idioms website, and the old lefora forum topic for elven battle maids but mostly anime.
Last edited by bvandewalker on 16 May 2014, 18:34, edited 2 times in total.
bvandewalker
Captain

Re: Combat Butlers & Battle Maids (of the French verity)

Postby Rick » 01 Apr 2014, 16:15

You forgot the heavy weapons and demolitions Garden workers.
Rick
Chief

Postby mrinku » 01 Apr 2014, 21:17

I am certain this is a manga... ;)
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Darsc Zacal » 01 Apr 2014, 21:27

I'd just like to see photos from when Lonnie is doing the research on the French Battle Maids.
:twisted:
Darsc Zacal
Chief

Postby Rick » 01 Apr 2014, 21:35

heres one Darsc:

Rick
Chief

Postby bvandewalker » 02 Apr 2014, 00:02

actually I was thinking more combat Boots and less stilettos. Also, now seeing it I think the maids need cuff-links and maybe a twin braids head in addition to the other four. (like anyone is ever doing these) :P

While I have seen metal versions of both combat butlers and battle maids, I just can't see use a for a box of them, let alone three or four (although they would make great novelty gifts). :twisted:
Last edited by bvandewalker on 03 Apr 2014, 00:14, edited 1 time in total.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Luoshangzhi » 02 Apr 2014, 00:28

mrinku wrote:I am certain this is a manga... ;)

Terrifyingly so... :lol:

Leland R. Erickson

"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Personal blog site: http://blackwidowpilot.blogspot.com
Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant

Postby Darsc Zacal » 02 Apr 2014, 01:06

Amazing.

The things you didn't know was a thing until somebody mentions it and then... Well I don't know what then but I mean French Battlemaids?!? Really!?!

(Not quite how I pictured them, but, okay)
Darsc Zacal
Chief

Postby bvandewalker » 02 Apr 2014, 01:09

Darsc Zacal wrote:Amazing.

The things you didn't know was a thing until somebody mentions it and then... Well I don't know what then but I mean French Battlemaids?!? Really!?!

(Not quite how I pictured them, but, okay)

And combat butlers, I posted on April first what do you think? :P

nobody has made any Jeeves and Wooster jokes yet. :cry: :P "Jeeves, can you pass me my bazooka?" "right away Sir." :lol:
Last edited by bvandewalker on 02 Apr 2014, 01:23, edited 3 times in total.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby bvandewalker » 02 Apr 2014, 01:12

Luoshangzhi wrote:
mrinku wrote:I am certain this is a manga... ;)

Terrifyingly so... :lol:

I was thinking more martial artsy, but this works too.
bvandewalker
Captain

Next

Return to Future Products