Combat Butlers & Battle Maids (of the French verity)

Suggest and discuss future product ideas!

Re: Combat Butlers & Battle Maids (of the French verity)

Postby Darq » 26 Apr 2014, 19:29

The world definitely needs more Anime Minis!
Darq
Cadet

Postby bvandewalker » 27 Apr 2014, 19:20

Yeah, but their needs to be a war game(s) that uses them first, it has to be something that is at least as popular as SAGA, and it would be preferable if it had big groups tactics to justify box sets. Their are a few RPGs that have varying levels success, but no real "need figures" games for battle maids or combat butlers. So it would be risky to make these at this point, also there is a queue of ideas (a good many from the old forum).
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Lonnie » 27 Apr 2014, 19:25

Bvandewalker has the gist of it. No offense but if we can't sell at least 2 to 4 boxes to an individual, at a minimum, it isn't worth us doing.
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby Darq » 27 Apr 2014, 21:38

Wargames or RPGs. I have bought zero boxes of Wargames factory minis for... Wargames. I have purchased 3 boxes for my RPGs. Don't know if it means anything or how you judge interest, but this thread does have 4 pages of posts. Also consider there would be a certain level of "fun" buyers who buy it just because they are... fun ;).

That said, I certainly respect your business decisions, just making a case :D
Darq
Cadet

Postby mrinku » 27 Apr 2014, 23:32

Darq, I think the interest in this thread has a lot more to do with people being a bit silly than any real need for minis... ;)

There could be a case for anime or cartoon styled 28mm as part of a larger project though. A mecha game for example. But I'd imagine WGF would probably only go there if contracted to produce the line.

Edit: Just noticed my Forum rank has hit Lieutenant. Currently the same as Lonnie, although he has seniority ;)
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby bvandewalker » 28 Apr 2014, 03:56

Yeah, that was why I posted it up originally. if we went by posts than the demolition gardeners and space pirate monkeys would be in the running big time. :lol:

while the trop is a staple of TV shows and comics all over the world, it has not yet made its mark on table top gaming big enough to justify getting 2-3 boxes off for most people. People are making new games all the time so there is a small chance (a really small don't count on it chance) it might become a viable set idea in the future. It is a kickstarter project idea like the killer clowns and space elf strelets.

That said I have seen it done in metal by a few companies, so it has a small niche market that is okay for individual figures but not worth making box sets for at this time.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby wmyers » 29 Apr 2014, 22:41

bvandewalker wrote:
Darsc Zacal wrote:Amazing.

The things you didn't know was a thing until somebody mentions it and then... Well I don't know what then but I mean French Battlemaids?!? Really!?!

(Not quite how I pictured them, but, okay)

And combat butlers, I posted on April first what do you think? :P

nobody has made any Jeeves and Wooster jokes yet. :cry: :P "Jeeves, can you pass me my bazooka?" "right away Sir." :lol:

They might not be overly familiar with P.G. Wodehouse's works. Then, again, I am and never thought to string the subjects together ...
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby bvandewalker » 30 Apr 2014, 00:42

Well, the combat butlers I tend to come across have the "Wooster and Jeeves" relationship with their employer as opposed to the battle maids who have either an out and out romantic attachment for their employer or a sisterly love towards them.

Edit: I think the reason the Japanese have so many servant warriors in their fiction is due their samurai history since samurai were at one time merely servants, indeed the word samurai originally meant servant. :|

Of coarse it could just be a fetish thing. :mrgreen: :lol:
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby bvandewalker » 01 Apr 2015, 21:03

By powers of April 1 and netromancy, I have found a game that could use minis:

http://www.maidrpg.com/

(okay not really, but I thought it was funny that someone made an RPG. enough to post here anyways :lol: )
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby 1classybadger » 13 Apr 2015, 22:59

because, I don't know any better;

1classybadger
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Future Products