The Great War 1914-18

Suggest and discuss future product ideas!

Re: The Great War 1914-18

Postby Jack007 » 13 Jun 2015, 15:28

wmyers wrote:
mrinku wrote:Victrix also announced stuff but nothing has been seen for a long time on that.

Kind of makes a person think the believed marketability of such an endeavour is non-existent.
In an era of rampant liberalism "war" and "conflict" are far from politically correct.

Well I think being Politically Correct has little or nothing to do with it personally. The companys that supply / support 'Our' hobby, are 1st and foremost, businesses, therefore if the 'signs' of profit arent there, it simply does not justify thier investment.
After all, the classic "Green Army Men" have been around since I was a child (53 now) and they are still with us. Why? Because they are simple, inexpensive to mass produce and most of all... Wanted by someoone willing to pay for them.

So IMHO, it comes down to that old fact of business, Supply and Demand. Or as I tend to think, its far more demand than supply that drives the business. After all, if no one is "demanding", no one is going to bother Supplying.
"You see old friend. I brought more soldiers than you did." *Leonidas-300
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby mrinku » 13 Jun 2015, 17:51

I agree with Jack. This is in the context of the wargames industry after all.

There's been a fair number of WW1 metals produced over the last few years, and my take is that those have filled the demand.

1/72 or 15mm are likely more popular scales in any case - 28mm plastics appear to be a non-starter. The 1/72 scale has been covered by Airfix and others for a very long time.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Luoshangzhi » 15 Jun 2015, 12:16

mrinku wrote:I agree with Jack. This is in the context of the wargames industry after all.

There's been a fair number of WW1 metals produced over the last few years, and my take is that those have filled the demand.

1/72 or 15mm are likely more popular scales in any case - 28mm plastics appear to be a non-starter. The 1/72 scale has been covered by Airfix and others for a very long time.

15mm is IMHO the ideal scale for wargaming the Great War on any level above the individual platoon out on a trench raid. As for blaming current partisan politics for whether or not a particular historical period sells or not, I agree with those who have pointed out that the market is the better indicator in the matter.
Leland R. Erickson

"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Personal blog site: http://blackwidowpilot.blogspot.com
Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Future Products