Micro scale Capitol space ships

Suggest and discuss future product ideas!

Re: Micro scale Capitol space ships

Postby Lonnie » 01 Jul 2014, 18:53

Get the Syfi channel versions. Much better in my opinion.
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby Luoshangzhi » 06 Aug 2014, 23:46

Looks like someone is applying the concept of a modular starship model to their product line:

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=355464
Leland R. Erickson

"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Personal blog site: http://blackwidowpilot.blogspot.com
Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant

Postby Rick » 07 Aug 2014, 23:06

think we seen that already and it was a matter of time, there is a demand for a miniature capitol ship game out there, and nothing to fill that void with.
Rick
Chief

Postby Rick » 10 Aug 2014, 07:07

never noticed this site before:

http://www.starblazersonline.com/index.html
Rick
Chief

Postby Rick » 26 Aug 2014, 07:59

I had a dream last night it was an awesome vision on how a micro-ship game can be done and done so you have any number of sides and ships, i'm even getting visions of kick starter exclusives that would be mouth watering and make those who did not back the kickstarter cry from rage and envy, sadly while i'm knowledgeable in design and marketing, i'm clueless when it comes to the nuts and bolts of creating a game :P
Rick
Chief

Postby bvandewalker » 26 Aug 2014, 10:49

Rick wrote:I had a dream last night it was an awesome vision on how a micro-ship game can be done and done so you have any number of sides and ships, i'm even getting visions of kick starter exclusives that would be mouth watering and make those who did not back the kickstarter cry from rage and envy, sadly while i'm knowledgeable in design and marketing, i'm clueless when it comes to the nuts and bolts of creating a game :P

Are you just trying to necro the thread? :x :lol:
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Rick » 26 Aug 2014, 12:19

bvandewalker wrote:
Rick wrote:I had a dream last night it was an awesome vision on how a micro-ship game can be done and done so you have any number of sides and ships, i'm even getting visions of kick starter exclusives that would be mouth watering and make those who did not back the kickstarter cry from rage and envy, sadly while i'm knowledgeable in design and marketing, i'm clueless when it comes to the nuts and bolts of creating a game :P

Actually no had a dream last night of playing a microship combat game, been going over the rules in my head I could remember it was a D6 type of system could have any number of factions involved with the ability to add more, there would be base weapon systems with a specific (or special) weapon systems for each faction.
Rick
Chief

Postby bvandewalker » 26 Aug 2014, 13:01

Rick wrote:
bvandewalker wrote:

Actually no had a dream last night of playing a microship combat game, been going over the rules in my head I could remember it was a D6 type of system could have any number of factions involved with the ability to add more, there would be base weapon systems with a specific (or special) weapon systems for each faction.

Well coincidentally, I do have a D6 war/rpg system I am working on for a fantasy setting (which will be awesome once I get it all out of my head). I am sure the bones of it could be altered for space/air warfare and I have thought about doing a space ship trading card game in the past for a comic project I have held off on doing thanks to a combination of frustrations.

Edit: but I still think you are pulling my leg about the dream thing. :lol:
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Rick » 26 Aug 2014, 13:35

bvandewalker wrote:Edit: but I still think you are pulling my leg about the dream thing. :lol:

believe it or not i'm serious, i'm designing the ships based on a point system where people can even build their own ships, with each side have a set amount of points so they can have 1 really big ship or several small ones or a mix of small and large or whatever within their points, weapons will have specific ranges, damage and costs that will be generic across all factions and then each faction will have a specific trait item, which is specific to their faction only.

give you an idea of a faction exclusive weapon I've already designed:

Star cannon its a large cannon that takes up the bulk of the ship its range is unlimited, its damage is complete if it hits, (ok your thinking super powered weapon and got to have one in each ship, but heres the great equalizer), the weapon can only fire once every 5 turns, role 1d6 role of 1 the ship blows up from critical failure, 2-4 the ship misses, 5-6 the ship hits its target and destroys it, shields and armor do not protect defending ship nor does dodge (smaller class ships) help either.

so what do you think ?
Rick
Chief

Postby bvandewalker » 26 Aug 2014, 14:17

Rick wrote:
bvandewalker wrote:Edit: but I still think you are pulling my leg about the dream thing. :lol:

believe it or not i'm serious, i'm designing the ships based on a point system where people can even build their own ships, with each side have a set amount of points so they can have 1 really big ship or several small ones or a mix of small and large or whatever within their points, weapons will have specific ranges, damage and costs that will be generic across all factions and then each faction will have a specific trait item, which is specific to their faction only.

give you an idea of a faction exclusive weapon I've already designed:

Star cannon its a large cannon that takes up the bulk of the ship its range is unlimited, its damage is complete if it hits, (ok your thinking super powered weapon and got to have one in each ship, but heres the great equalizer), the weapon can only fire once every 5 turns, role 1d6 role of 1 the ship blows up from critical failure, 2-4 the ship misses, 5-6 the ship hits its target and destroys it, shields and armor do not protect defending ship nor does dodge (smaller class ships) help either.

so what do you think ?

this sort of reminds me of the coronal mass ejection cannon that my revel model tank is supposedly has ;) and it is very different from my mechanics. It still seems a bit overpowered (I think the fighters should be able to dodge it) also you really need a basic rule set first. I think range shouldn't be real issue in since you can throw a brush in space and it will just go on forever (literally) at the same rate of speed it was thrown. How about we go into private mode on this until we have something play testable.
bvandewalker
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Future Products