Far future irregulars.

Suggest and discuss future product ideas!

Far future irregulars.

Postby 1classybadger » 28 May 2014, 16:34

a suggestion was made to section the far future request into its own spereate topic. one that I agree with.

so, a kit that could be used to make a group of various unsavoury charecters. pirates, mercs, criminals, militia forces, or even a megacoprs private army.

(one concept and my personal fave)

(maybe have a head to make a drone soldier)

(I like the visored image)

1classybadger
Commander

Re: Far future irregulars.

Postby bvandewalker » 28 May 2014, 23:11

Glad you agreed, I think it will work out well in the long run. :) Should the uniforms and armor be the same or should they have verity.
Last edited by bvandewalker on 28 May 2014, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby 1classybadger » 28 May 2014, 23:22

I'm thinking the armor follows the same basic template, but diffrent kit layouts and helmets. to allow for charecter without needing an exposed head, also my thought was that the diffrend helmets could represent diffrent battlefield roles
1classybadger
Commander

Postby bvandewalker » 28 May 2014, 23:33

That should work for what we want them for. ;) so which type of armor should it be, because that is the basic template, the design team can take care of the kit lay out with a little input from the forum. also should there be an alien body?
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby 1classybadger » 29 May 2014, 00:04

some combination of the first armor style with varying sizes of armor, no alien body but definetly an alien head or two, plus who knows what lurks under the helmets
1classybadger
Commander

Postby bvandewalker » 29 May 2014, 01:27

That should work well, but it will have to go through Lonnie and the design team first. As to helmets I think we may want a little of this and little of that. Here is an interesting link to a website that shows some of the more "futuristic" third party combat gear that troops may be able to get, didn't know if it would work well with the "near future" set, but might work here or at least give some ideas:

http://defense-update.com/events/2007/s ... oldier.htm
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Lonnie » 29 May 2014, 06:59

One of the mistakes we made with the Shock Troopers set was the inclusion of alien heads. What we should have done is left it off and developed a whole range of alien miniatures with their own look. That being said, I'd leave the alien heads off a far future irregular/merc set. The cool thing about aliens is we could have multiple head/helmet types and some add-on bits (like a vestigial tail, different basic weapons) to a basic body type and BAM you've got a whole new set of aliens from the same box.
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby 1classybadger » 29 May 2014, 11:38

agreed, for the irregulars one could get away with just saying "they could be aliens under all that gear"
1classybadger
Commander

Postby bvandewalker » 29 May 2014, 20:08

In other words we could have one "far future human irregulars" set and" one " far future Alien mercs" set. :idea:
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby mrinku » 29 May 2014, 23:25

You cover the basics correctly and let the kitbashing take care of the rest.

My only request is that you consider at least one model that can pass as a civilian if unarmed. And some arms with tools, or separate tools. Doesn't have to be over the top, but the more tech you lug about, the more you need things to fix it with. Even just a small piece designed to glue onto the waist with a toolkit look to it would be handy.

And this kit would seem to be a good place to put some civilians taking up arms/pressed into service. Plus the non-civilian technician option. Or just irregulars who can't afford armoured suits yet.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Next

Return to Future Products