WW1

Suggest and discuss future product ideas!

Re: WW1

Postby Butty » 01 Jul 2014, 03:25

One very large surprise this morning when I looked at the prices on Amazon U.K. for Warhammer historical. The prices have gone really stupid. One offer for a new? copy of the Great war rules was £262.29
Sempre nella merda, solo la profondità varia.
Butty
Chief

Postby Lonnie » 01 Jul 2014, 06:39

Well. Looks like it's time to put my copy of those rule up for sale on ebay.
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby 1classybadger » 01 Jul 2014, 10:26

I picked up my copies for five bucks at a gargage sale. I guess some one didn't know what they had.
1classybadger
Commander

Postby Butty » 01 Jul 2014, 10:33

1classybadger wrote:I picked up my copies for five bucks at a gargage sale. I guess some one didn't know what they had.

One lucky Badger
Butty
Chief

Postby Butty » 01 Jul 2014, 10:37

It looks like next months Wargames Illustrated is going to feature WW1 including rules and new releases presumably in 15mm It does appear that this period is on the "up" and I have already started collecting some metal in 28mm but would love to see it in plastic at the same scale.
Butty
Chief

Postby mrinku » 01 Jul 2014, 16:36

1classybadger wrote:I picked up my copies for five bucks at a gargage sale. I guess some one didn't know what they had.

Depends on when you got 'em. GW only shut it all down a couple of years ago. Even in 2010 everyone would have expected that you could buy a copy if you wanted it and second hand prices would have been low.

Five bucks is excellent even so, well done :)
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby bvandewalker » 01 Jul 2014, 17:44

mrinku wrote:Small correction bvandewalker - WAB was published in 1998, so is 16 years old, not thirty. But if you meant Warhammer in general, thirty years is right.

You are right, I misread the round up, it was referring to the basic rules when it said "thirty years old", but the point still stands, WW1 plastic sets in 15mm would probably be a smarter business move at this point, particularly since most of the more current rules sets for WW1 28mm shown are skirmish games for a small hand full of minis, not big battle games that require multiple sets.

edit: unless we are talking 28mm WWI Arabs armed with swords, spears and muskets in addition to the more modern British arms. those would sell just because they are Arabs who could be used for earlier time periods fairly easily.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby mrinku » 02 Jul 2014, 04:28

Heard today that the Perrys have formally ceased working for GW, having wound up their LOTR/Hobbit work.

Which means they'll be free to make even MORE stuff than they normally do for their own company (ye gods!).

I wouldn't be surprised to see a WWI line from them by the end of the year... and knowing them they'd start in bloody 1914 and progress it annually...

My money would also be on Warlord doing something along the lines of 28mm rules at some point. They're rather well positioned to capitalise on Bolt Action with their Italieri and Osprey connections (and Perry for that matter).
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby bvandewalker » 02 Jul 2014, 16:59

Will, neither of them have announced any plans for WWI sets to my knowledge, in fact Warlord is currently focused on promoting their Black powder battle set. Flames of War on the other hand has a rule set expansion going up in August that we all know about for sure, 15mm is still the safer bet and it bothers me that there are only a few metals figures in 28mm and set or war band packs (that I know) in the past when they had good support systems.

28mm mini for WWI sound like a Kickstarter project, and if you do that do tanks.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby mrinku » 03 Jul 2014, 05:37

We have four years of Great War 100th anniversaries coming up. I'm thinking in the medium term here.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Future Products