War of Empires Expansion

Suggest and discuss future product ideas!

War of Empires Expansion

Postby Jack007 » 31 Oct 2014, 11:54

I love my Zulu's, my Wargames Factory Zulus! (can I get an Amen?) :D

But seriously, 'WE' need the British lancers and Natal Native Contingent, these would be outstanding sets to round out this line. Also the addition of "Mahadist' and such tribes of northern Africa would really open up this line to later wars, the Sudan and etc. and lets not forget the Bengal lancers.

And even though 'my' painting is not up to the quality of the miniatures, the Colonial Britsh are 'just short' of The Best. I only say 'just short', because if there was "one" thing I would have changed, it would have been for the '5th' sprue to have been a unique sprue.
This in particular would have the sorely needed optional Officer bits, (arm w/ sword, pistol, pistol in holster etc). And perhaps a 2nd pose that could be another officer, or buglar, just tossing out 'maybe' ideas on that 2nd figure, the remaining 3 of 5 being the standard infantry.

OK, thats my love of War of Empires wish list for the (hope) not too distant future.
"You see old friend. I brought more soldiers than you did." *Leonidas-300
Jack007
Lieutenant

Re: War of Empires Expansion

Postby 1classybadger » 31 Oct 2014, 12:35

I too would like to see the brits redone, adding the officer frame would move them into the must buy area for me
1classybadger
Commander

Postby Agamemnon » 01 Nov 2014, 00:37

As dated as the sprues are in comparison to the new goodness, the fact that the Pith helmets were a separate accessory was a godsend to all sorts of conversion projects, Victorian Civilians especially.
Londo: "The Minbari put great emphasis on art, literature and music." Say instead: "They are decadent people, interested only in the pursuit of... of dubious pleasures." It doesn't mean anything, but it scares people every time!
Agamemnon
Crewman

Postby Jack007 » 01 Nov 2014, 01:49

Agamemnon wrote:As dated as the sprues are in comparison to the new the Pith helmets separate accessory was a godsend to all sorts of conversion projects,
I assume you mean as compared to having the head molded w/ helmet? Agree w/ that, esp. for those into the "Steampunk" - Victorian. Sci Fi.

As their "new" models show, WF has only gotten better and better. Oh it would be so great to see what I know they could do 'now' if only they would release some LANCER's!
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby robbie038 » 06 Nov 2014, 03:59

Jack007 wrote:And even though 'my' painting is not up to the quality of the miniatures, the Colonial Britsh are 'just short' of The Best. I only say 'just short', because if there was "one" thing I would have changed, it would have been for the '5th' sprue to have been a unique sprue.
This in particular would have the sorely needed optional Officer bits, (arm w/ sword, pistol, pistol in holster etc). And perhaps a 2nd pose that could be another officer, or buglar, just tossing out 'maybe' ideas on that 2nd figure, the remaining 3 of 5 being the standard infantry.

An standard would be nice as would be some artilery (eg. a gatling gun) and some cavalry (with an Oficer, Buglar, and a Standard), for the rest I agree with most of you on this one
robbie038
Crewman

Postby mrinku » 07 Nov 2014, 00:16

The whole British infantry kit really needs to be re-done from the ground up. They are not WGF's best figures.

There are a couple of things working against them though. It's not a really big market, and Warlord, frankly, has pretty good Zulu Wars plastics, though theirs also lack command bits (but do have sergeant ones). Perry has the Madhists nailed stone cold in their Anasar Warrior kit, for my money one of the best 28mm plastic kits ever produced.

But yeah. If they think they can make a buck with more colonial wars models, I'd be more than happy to support it.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Jack007 » 07 Nov 2014, 02:11

robbie038 wrote:An standard would be nice ..some artilery (eg. a gatling gun) and some cavalry (with an Oficer, Buglar, and a Standard), ..I agree with most of you on this one
The british Rocket artillary would be great, though very limited in sales, after all if each box had 2 - 3 rocket 'launchers & crew" , you would only need one.

mrinku wrote:The whole British infantry kit really needs to be re-done from the ground up. They are not WGF's best figures.
There are a couple of things working against them though. It's not a really big market, and Warlord, frankly, has pretty good Zulu Wars plastics, ..Perry has the Madhists nailed stone cold
Clearly not compared to some of there newer models, i.e. sculpts etc. but I still think they pretty good. I tend to agree w you the 'lack of market" for Victorian period.
And I have seen the Madhist, they look great, have to give credit there.
I still think, even IF they only added cavalry at this point, that alone wold be a boost to selling this line.
Jack007
Lieutenant

Return to Future Products