Near Future Marines

Suggest and discuss future product ideas!

Re: Near Future Marines

Postby bvandewalker » 31 Jul 2015, 22:17

To be honest, I actually find that to be a bite of mute point (with the exception of foot samurai set where all the torso where in 2 parts and even that wasn't too hard), no real hard part is always attaching the arms and head which is actually more difficult with the newer sculpts some of which feel like they are supposed to be one pose sculpts (that really need instructions), I actually think that separate torsos and legs would be more freeing.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby 1classybadger » 01 Aug 2015, 00:25

I was not saying to combine the torso/ legs, I simply dislike the locking mechanisim the samarui used
1classybadger
Commander

Postby mrinku » 03 Aug 2015, 02:48

The Rising Sun kits had a few design flaws, nice as the models are. Nothing that can't be worked around, but the two part legs are probably top of the bill. But I think you can see from more recent releases that they learned from that. WW2 kits were torso+legs and everything after that was one piece bodies.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby bvandewalker » 03 Aug 2015, 19:30

Meh, still not as annoying as arms. and I am not talking about the rising sun sets, I am talking about the Modern/WWII sets.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby 1classybadger » 25 Aug 2015, 08:58

yeah, I think I like the space marine arm style (two seperate arms, and a seperate weapon.)
1classybadger
Commander

Postby 1classybadger » 27 Jan 2016, 02:12

because I have nothing better to do, I shall cast thread necromancy upon this forum. a few months back I played through Call of Duty advanced warfare, now I know we've gone over the Mask/open face topic to death, but that can be solved with two head options for the sprue, but I think the marines from that game, basically tick all the boxes:

(maybe for the squad marksman?)
1classybadger
Commander

Previous

Return to Future Products