Near Future Marines

Suggest and discuss future product ideas!

Re: Near Future Marines

Postby 1classybadger » 23 Jun 2015, 12:56

twas not you I was worred about becoming uncivil, it was me.

now I think a good comprimise is each 6-8 man squad gets one quadcopter holding the SAW, while heavier drones, maybe a tracked variant act as the heavy weapons suppourt unit
1classybadger
Commander

Postby bvandewalker » 25 Jun 2015, 00:10

I think the old comprise was fine with one tread drone per 6-8 men, if we want to add a winged RC mico drone like the ones they currently use that might be cool. Is there anything else we want to add because I think we are actual sort of done with this one, and badger if you suggest the camera reliant box helmets one more time than we are going to be talking about Cyberpunk marines of the American Empire from here on out in which case I want see some Ghost in the shell style "think tanks" like this at some point regardless of real life progress in the field :P

bvandewalker
Captain

Postby 1classybadger » 25 Jun 2015, 09:41

agreed, we're finished with this thread, its up to managment if they want to run with it
1classybadger
Commander

Postby bvandewalker » 25 Jun 2015, 23:11

1classybadger wrote:agreed, we're finished with this thread, its up to managment if they want to run with it

actually there is one thing come to think of it (then we really are done :lol: ) and it is something they should consider for most future sets that are still in the early design stages, and that is two part main bodies with separate torsos and different leg poses.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby 1classybadger » 26 Jun 2015, 12:12

I say half the legs braced/kneeling, one quarter running, one quarter advancing
1classybadger
Commander

Postby bvandewalker » 27 Jun 2015, 00:14

That should do it, the way I see it, most people will probably buy this with the modern military set (if that gets done). So having half be kneeling and bracing is a good idea.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby 1classybadger » 27 Jun 2015, 01:19

huzzah, an idea that doesn't turn into a debate in this thread!
1classybadger
Commander

Postby Jack007 » 28 Jun 2015, 02:07

1classybadger wrote:huzzah, an idea that doesn't turn into a debate in this thread!
Well certainly 'dont' want to toss a wrench in the works, But..

I agree making the upper / lower torso's gives all more posable options, it also makes them a bit more difficult to contstruct.
I think like the WSS, the 'majority' should be one piece torso, w 1 or 2 seprate to give the option for.. well more unique poses.
Just a thought..
"You see old friend. I brought more soldiers than you did." *Leonidas-300
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby bvandewalker » 29 Jun 2015, 03:12

Jack007 wrote:
1classybadger wrote:huzzah, an idea that doesn't turn into a debate in this thread!
Well certainly 'dont' want to toss a wrench in the works, But..

I agree making the upper / lower torso's gives all more posable options, it also makes them a bit more difficult to contstruct.
I think like the WSS, the 'majority' should be one piece torso, w 1 or 2 seprate to give the option for.. well more unique poses.
Just a thought..

for some things you may have a point but for armor sets doing it upper torso, lower torso does work better over all, and there are some none armor sets that I think would have benefitted from such a set up. :|
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby 1classybadger » 30 Jul 2015, 10:25

personally I think one piece torsos is probably better in terms of ease of assembly
1classybadger
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Future Products