Powered Armor Suit

Suggest and discuss future product ideas!

Powered Armor Suit

Postby Luoshangzhi » 03 Mar 2015, 17:36

Yes, I am at it again, shamelessly and fanatically lobbying for a 28mm "generic" hard plastic powered armor suit inspired by the concept first put forth in sci fi literature by Robert A. Heinlein's book Starship Troopers!

To this end, I will begin with a new 1/20 scale kit from the Machinenkreiger SF3D canon, as this stylistically hits upon many elements of design I for one advocated for for so long:

112616m15ngny7l1z59gny.jpg

IMHO there is no hard plastic figure set of any sort for powered armor suited infantry in any scale that even comes close to the standard of a heavy, high mobility combat armor suit -not a mecha!- as Heinlein's book established as a sci-fi trope so long ago. Given the reception for my original Liberty & Union League proposal for this very subject, IMHO I am not quite as crazy as I may first seem. :D

I say there's no school like the Old School when it comes to a powered armor suit:

1425019946164.jpeg

sentips1.jpg
Last edited by Luoshangzhi on 03 Mar 2015, 17:54, edited 3 times in total.
Leland R. Erickson

"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Personal blog site: http://blackwidowpilot.blogspot.com
Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant

Re: Powered Armor Suit

Postby 1classybadger » 03 Mar 2015, 17:49

I agree, the sci-fi gaming market does need a generic powerframe design. one with high modularity in terms of weapon systems and design stylings.

add a helemet and change how the gun is mounted, and this would be something I'd like to see
1classybadger
Commander

Postby Luoshangzhi » 03 Mar 2015, 17:53

Agreed on the modularity; recall that that was precisely a big part of my original L&UL proposal, including two (2) helmet options one for a separate helmet and the other a fixed "casemate" with a wide visor ala the Machinenkreiger suits above...
Leland R. Erickson

"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant

Postby 1classybadger » 03 Mar 2015, 17:58

while I don't like the arms on the suits you showed (they seem too long, but then, I'm an anthropoligist not a designer of power suits and frames.)
1classybadger
Commander

Postby Luoshangzhi » 03 Mar 2015, 18:18

1classybadger wrote:while I don't like the arms on the suits you showed (they seem too long, but then, I'm an anthropoligist not a designer of power suits and frames.)

They appear overlong because they're waldoes; the hands do not fit inside the suit's gauntlets, but are protected inside the extra long forearms for a greater degree of protection for the occupant. Further, stylistically this approach aesthetically fits in spirit with the description R.A.H. gave in Starship Troopers the book that the suit rendered the wearing looking like a "...steel hydrocephalic gorilla:"
Attachments
NewType02.gif
Leland R. Erickson

Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant

Postby Luoshangzhi » 03 Mar 2015, 18:19

Found another very nice piece of powered armor art:
Attachments
outstanding-sci-fi-inspiration-2.jpg
Leland R. Erickson

Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant

Postby Lord_Bryon » 04 Mar 2015, 07:40

Always a fan of the power armor discussion. I was always enamored with the clan elementals from Battletech.
Lord_Bryon
Commander

Postby 1classybadger » 04 Mar 2015, 10:03

the Toad models? god I hated facing those things. "Gee thats a nice fafnir you got there, shame if some one were to, rip all its armor off.
1classybadger
Commander

Postby 1classybadger » 05 Mar 2015, 10:29

here we go, yet more stuff
1classybadger
Commander

Postby Lord_Bryon » 06 Mar 2015, 07:56

I really like that one badger
Lord_Bryon
Commander