A Game of Thrones

Suggest and discuss future product ideas!

A Game of Thrones

Postby broadsword » 03 Apr 2015, 21:09

Since no one has actually put together actual GoT armies, and we know GRR Martin is really supportive of that kind of initiative, what about AGF releasing infantry and cavalry specific to each of the main houses of Westeros? As it stands now, people tend to have to mash together unlikely proxies (Saxons, HYW English, etc...). What if WGF was first out of the gate with their own designs of the great armies of Westeros? I'd snap up every box in the series...
broadsword

Re: A Game of Thrones

Postby wmyers » 03 Apr 2015, 23:42

As much as I greatly dislike GoT, I too, think figures based upon the series would be a great seller.

Not only for GoT games, but for medievals as well as fantasy settings.
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby 1classybadger » 04 Apr 2015, 11:19

Dark sword miniatures already produces a line of GoT minis, not gaming scale but display scale. might create some murky legal waters to think about
1classybadger
Commander

Postby bvandewalker » 07 Apr 2015, 01:51

Guys, we have had this conversation before about licensed property, so unless one of you guys own controlling stock in Martin’s publisher, than we already know how this going to be answered. Besides, Battlelore is already doing figures for it in the 20-15mm scale with a game and do we really want more stuff for a story that revolves around this pathetic psychopath and his power mad mom:

Seriously someone needs to push him off a high tower with his mom. The best thing about GoT is the armor and how real the battle scenes look

while Game of Thrones would sell (due to its camp followers if nothing else), I think it would be wiser if WGF just did some Medieval European historic sets from the plate armor days and do Russian boyars for their own fantasy setting (particularly now since a lot of the newer TV and movie fantasy epics, including Game of Thrones, are barrowing a great deal from places like Eastern Europe and Asia in addition to western Europe when it comes to armor design).

But since we are talking franchises, the book series I would love to see have minis (but probably never will) is the Japanese novel series The Heroic Legend of Arslan:

As you can see it already has a manga and anime adaption (in fact it is going to have second anime adaption based on the manga), and if you liked the war scenes, intrigues, and strategy room moments of Games of Thrones but hated all the sex scenes and the fact that all the characters either turn into villains or die just because they are likeable, than you will probably love the older anime adaption of The Heroic Legend of Arslan novel (I can really only vouch for the older anime OVA series, but the manga looks good).
Last edited by bvandewalker on 19 Sep 2015, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Lord_Bryon » 07 Apr 2015, 07:28

Game of Thrones minis would be great. Personally I'd like to see some miniatures based off of Willow.
Lord_Bryon
Commander

Postby TheInsane » 07 Apr 2015, 13:51

I never really did become very interested in Game of Thrones... Minis for Dynasty Warriors, and/or Samurai Warriors would be pretty cool, though.
TheInsane
Crewman

Return to Future Products