15mm Crusaders and saracens??

Suggest and discuss future product ideas!

15mm Crusaders and saracens??

Postby Evoker » 04 Sep 2015, 11:42

I would really love to see some 15mm plastics for the Early crusading period. With rule sets like hail Caesar, Saga the crescent & the cross, Field of Glory, and Soldiers of God out there, I think getting a plastic range of miniatures would be awesome.

Im not sure if mixed box sets would be best here. But defiantly a good mix of figures to cover all ground from Two handed weapons like the sword of war and axes to spear and shield, Cavalry and everything else used. The Crusader figures would also be able to cover your Germans, Normans, French outside of the crusades since the same equipment would be used for them.
Evoker

Re: 15mm Crusaders and saracens??

Postby Tripod » 04 Sep 2015, 18:15

Evoker
Read the posts in changes at Wargames factory and you will sadly see your chances of this ever happening.sorry.
Tripod
Chief

Postby bvandewalker » 05 Sep 2015, 16:00

You know what Tripod, just because WGF is making a deal with warlords and is more focused molding other peoples stuff at the moment does not mean that we won't see them make stuff in the future (it maybe just a rarer, owner art project thing from now on).

Even if it did there are still other plastic companies out there, and I am fairly sure that at least some of them spy on this forum: for instance the Frostgrave soldier set looks like a more sellable version of the adventurer set (you can always use more bandits and henchmen, but you only need 5 adventurer guys) and I know they are planning on doing cultists, than there is eccentric minis' archers that practically mirrored a proposal on this or the old forum for peasant archers that looked like peasants (no armor or helmets etc.). So who knows what will happen.

So Evoker why 15mm, why not 28mm? (beyond the fact that there are already some sets available) I mean both the games you mentioned use 28mm figures if I am not mistaken, I just want to here your reasoning.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Evoker » 06 Sep 2015, 00:19

15mm for a few reasons

1.Smaller footprint on the table
2.Price point would be cheaper then 28mm's
3.Some guys like my self just prefer smaller models especially for mass combat games, while there are some good companies that make metal figs in this scale for ancients and medieval periods, It would defiantly be nice to not deal with bendy swords and spears. As for traveling, it would be nice to shed the weight of all that metal.

I figure hey, why not, the 28mm guys get plastics. Not that I don't like them, I do have 28's but I feel It would be a breath of fresh air for the 15mm gamers to get a bit of plastic love outside of ww2. :lol:
Evoker

Postby Evoker » 06 Sep 2015, 00:22

Tripod, I did read it, but hey, you never know.
Evoker

Postby wmyers » 06 Sep 2015, 11:58

This is not the end of WGF just the beginning of something different. I am sure Wai Kee is not fully sure what will be happening in the next year or so.

No one from WGF said they will not make any new sets - only a very few on here.

Who knows what the future will bring?!

Warlord has entered into deals with other miniature makers to have said arrangements end.
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby bvandewalker » 21 Sep 2015, 01:11

Evoker wrote:15mm for a few reasons

1.Smaller footprint on the table
2.Price point would be cheaper then 28mm's
3.Some guys like my self just prefer smaller models especially for mass combat games, while there are some good companies that make metal figs in this scale for ancients and medieval periods, It would defiantly be nice to not deal with bendy swords and spears. As for traveling, it would be nice to shed the weight of all that metal.

I figure hey, why not, the 28mm guys get plastics. Not that I don't like them, I do have 28's but I feel It would be a breath of fresh air for the 15mm gamers to get a bit of plastic love outside of ww2. :lol:

Hmmm... while I do prefer 28mm (I am more of a collector than anything else :lol: ), those are good points. However I think what would be really cool for 15mm (if we are talking slash and staby instead of shooty) would be a a true to history standard medieval army sprue with two knight sculpts ( same knight mounted and on foot), 5-10 armored men-at-arms sculpts (on foot), and the rest of the sprue should be peasants armed with a mix of farmer implements and weapons. :D
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby wmyers » 21 Sep 2015, 20:08

This could have been a good road for WGF to have taken. They showed they can make very nice 15mm figures with the two WWII sets.

Plastic 15mm sets for other eras like the medieval period would have been pretty awesome!

Mind you, metal 15mm sets can be inexpensive (Old Glory has 30 for $17.50, Command Decision has 50 for $16).
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby Evoker » 22 Sep 2015, 12:58

I'm all for historical accuracy, I was just thinking early crusades would be one of the more popular things to do. I would also love to see some stuff in 15mm for the Italian Wars or anything during the Renaissance. Plastic landsknechts anyone? Not that I don't like old glory, I've done Feudal German, Papal Italian and Macedonian armies with their figures before, but I tend to replace everything weapon wise on those figures mainly because I hate bendy anything. Especially when you play around careless people. When 15mm took over my hobby I really didn't know where to go or what to look for, I just ended up looking all over forums for this stuff. It would be a lot easier to get people interested in this scale if 15mm box sets for renaissance era, medieval, ancients, w.e. were a common sight in any FLGS. Not that you wont find essex in some stores but how common is that?
Evoker

Postby 1classybadger » 24 Sep 2015, 23:00

15mm is a popular scale with more space concious gamers, and I find it the ideal comprimise 28mm's details with the larger battles allowed by 6mm. however I mostly see intrest in 15mm at my store in time periods after the great war.
1classybadger
Commander

Next

Return to Future Products