WW2 Support Weapons and Other Boxes

Suggest and discuss future product ideas!

WW2 Support Weapons and Other Boxes

Postby EthanJT21 » 07 Mar 2014, 14:13

Hello everyone! Must start this by saying I am a huge WGF fan. I have 4 boxes from your Dark Ages line and just finished up a box of US and Germans from you guys. I love the figures! Anyway, we SORELY need support weapons!

German

Panzerschrek Team,
MG42 Team, (Tripod or belt fed)
Flamethrower Team,
Pak36/40 Teams
Mortars! (81s in particular)

US

Bazooka Team
.30 cal/.50 cal Teams
Flamethrowers
M1 57MM AT Teams
Mortars!

New Platoons (30 figure boxes)
US Airborne
British in 28mm (Europe to fit with your Germans)
British Airborne
German Falschimjager
German Pioneers?
Possibly even Waffen SS?'

I love the realistic proportion to WGF kit as opposed to "heroic" stuff and I had a blast painting them. I am unfortunately having to use Support Weps from other Manufacturers but would love to see some WGF ones! Just some ideas! Thanks for reading!
EthanJT21
Cadet

Re: WW2 Support Weapons and Other Boxes

Postby Mary » 07 Mar 2014, 17:58

Support weapons would be most welcome.
Mary

Postby bvandewalker » 25 Apr 2014, 03:42

I think that is good, you can never have to many flamethrowers, but how about some heavy field artillery as well.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Lonnie » 25 Apr 2014, 05:13

Considering that we're making models at 28mm I highly doubt we'd make field artillery as the table width for most wargaming tables would be too short for even the minimum range of one of these guns. Of course that would be on a case by case basis. I believe mortars would be the best you could hope for. Should we do tanks we'd have to do anti-tank guns but don't hold your breath for a 105. 15mm is much more flexible for artillery.
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby wmyers » 25 Apr 2014, 12:35

Support weapons would be great.

As would anti-tank guns.

I think something different from the other companies doing the same types of sets (i.e. Plastic Soldier Company). Not necessarily different equipment, but the way in which it is done (i.e. poses, etc).

British are also sorely needed. As are Japanese, Italians and Anzacs.

Europe is probably the most popular but North Africa and the Pacific would be welcome additional theatres that have not been well done.
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby mrinku » 25 Apr 2014, 13:06

The US and German support sets should consider 75mm recoilless rifles. The Soviets technically had them too, but never in any significant numbers.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Luoshangzhi » 25 Apr 2014, 17:24

Lonnie wrote:Considering that we're making models at 28mm I highly doubt we'd make field artillery as the table width for most wargaming tables would be too short for even the minimum range of one of these guns. Of course that would be on a case by case basis. I believe mortars would be the best you could hope for. Should we do tanks we'd have to do anti-tank guns but don't hold your breath for a 105. 15mm is much more flexible for artillery.

Yup. At 28mm scale anything bigger than a tank and an anti-tank gun capable of stopping it is an objective, not an asset. :lol:

For the Russians, I'd suggest a T-34/76 Model 1941, as incredibly enough these were being made right up to the end of the war(!), with an F-22 76.2mm light field gun/anti-tank gun *or* the 45mm anti-tank gun with option for the longer barreled late production variant. The T-34 chassis could be used for the SU-122, the SU-85, the SU-100, and the T-34/85 if sales justify expansion. 8-)

For the U.S., the a 1944 iteration of the 76mm-armed M4 Sherman would be in order. The 3-inch anti-tank gun would be an ideal weapon, as it could fire HE as well as AP rounds IIRC.

For the Germans, the ubiquitous Panzer IV Auf. H and the equally ubiquitous 7.5 cm Pak 40 are the logical first choices. The Panzer IV chassis of course could be the basis for the Stug. IV, the Wirblewind, the Brumbar, and the Panzerjager IV, all very useful late WW2 kit for the Germans. ;)
Leland R. Erickson

"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Personal blog site: http://blackwidowpilot.blogspot.com
Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant

Postby bvandewalker » 25 Apr 2014, 17:41

how about a motorcycle halftrack or a scooter with a rocket launcher?

Here is a link showing both:

(http://middleearthminerals.com/html/oth ... aumur2.htm)
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Lonnie » 25 Apr 2014, 17:52

Only about 8,500 Kettenkrads were made during the war and were used to transport heavy loads not as people movers per se so really wouldn't be a viable kit for us as a first tier item. The Vespa 150 TAP was not introduced until 1956, putting it well beyond any WWII usage; plus it was made in France and only around 500 were made so it wouldn't even make it on the long list for WWII.
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby mrinku » 26 Apr 2014, 03:13

BMW with an MG34 would make a lot more sense for a sidecar kit.

Leland, by "1941" are you referring to the hexagonal "mickey mouse" turret model? There can often be some confusion on that point. That is definitely a kit that would make sense, as would the M4A3 Sherman and PzIV Ausf H.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Next

Return to Future Products