Dark Futures set wants: Motorcycles and Horses and...

Suggest and discuss future product ideas!

Re: Dark Futures set wants: Motorcycles and Horses and...

Postby Strawhat » 01 Aug 2014, 13:50

But, but....

Just imagine the POTUS getting out and laying waste to zeds!
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby Strawhat » 27 Apr 2015, 23:12

See this thread!

http://forum.wargamesfactory.com/viewto ... 6945#p6945

Biker Gangs are inbound (eventually ;) )!
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby Corporal-Chaos » 29 Apr 2015, 19:18

This is an exciting release..... Waiting.... Tell me when we can expect these? A year or less?
Corporal-Chaos
Cadet

Postby Corporal-Chaos » 05 May 2015, 19:56

I have a suggestion. Now you have the bikers in the chamber, consider some civilian vehicles. Kits for SUV's and pick ups that have been modified with armor etc. I know lots of folks use the die cast cars and such but having a kit to customize for your apocalypse would be awesome. Modern military vehicles repurposed for zed survival and even a Mad Max flavor. Not talking massive MBT's just the utility type vehicles. Well there is my suggestion. I really do enjoy your kits and would relish the chance to get more. Thanks for listening.
Corporal-Chaos
Cadet

Postby Corporal-Chaos » 05 May 2015, 20:14

I have to add this....Bringing this back from the dead... How about some SWAT or National Guard moderns in the apoc aftermath ?
Corporal-Chaos
Cadet

Postby mrinku » 08 May 2015, 18:21

Who said the truck idea is dead? There was as much, if not more constructive discussion about a Technical kit as there was about the bikers. I strongly suspect a ute (pickup) with a few flatbed weapon options is also in the works. Maybe even with some improvised armour, though that's not normally needed for Zombie scenarios (as was said, more for your Mad Max ones).
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby bvandewalker » 13 May 2015, 15:14

By ute you mean one of these:

You do realize that utes are unique to Australia, they never really caught on in the rest of the world. Now something like a Toyota pick-up truck (which is every where) would be perfect since all the fashionable insurgents use those. ;)

As to Mad Max, we all know that franchise is really set in hell since they always have enough water and gas to scrape by and fuel vehicles for fights despite both being rare resources. :twisted: :lol:
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby mrinku » 13 May 2015, 19:02

No mate. "Ute" is a general term used for any car with a flatbed, regardless of the base vehicle, or tray design. The venerable Toyota Hi-lux is a classic example of a Ute, regardless of the base vehicle being a sedan or more of an SUV. If it's got a rear seat it would be termed a "King Cab Ute", but it's still a Ute.

"Pickup" is a term not used and "Truck" refers to much larger vehicles.

And you're incorrect about the smaller two door vehicles not having caught on in the rest of the world. Maybe not the USA, but old Hi-luxes are endemic in the Third world and are often seen as technicals, especially in sub-Saharan Africa. In the Middle East there's a good supply of recent "truck/SUV" models from the rich Arab Countries though.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby bvandewalker » 14 May 2015, 03:25

mrinku wrote:No mate. "Ute" is a general term used for any car with a flatbed, regardless of the base vehicle, or tray design. The venerable Toyota Hi-lux is a classic example of a Ute, regardless of the base vehicle being a sedan or more of an SUV. If it's got a rear seat it would be termed a "King Cab Ute", but it's still a Ute.

"Pickup" is a term not used and "Truck" refers to much larger vehicles.

And you're incorrect about the smaller two door vehicles not having caught on in the rest of the world. Maybe not the USA, but old Hi-luxes are endemic in the Third world and are often seen as technicals, especially in sub-Saharan Africa. In the Middle East there's a good supply of recent "truck/SUV" models from the rich Arab Countries though.

-
Maybe down under Ute is a general term mate (probably for the same reason we Americans call all small vans minivans), but here in the States we either call them pickup trucks, flat bed trucks, just pickups, or (if one blindly believes the Wiki) station wagons.

Ute (at least the first time I heard it any rate) referred specifically to a small two door flat bed model of car (the love child of a compact/family car and a pickup truck) that was originally made for the Australian market (where they caught on like wildfire) by someone like Ford so that ranchers/shepherds/farmer in the outback would have a good work vehicle that they could drive livestock into market with but was also be nice looking enough that they could drive to it church. However, I can see how it could devolve into a general term (which it has apparently).

As to the pictured small car, I well take your word on it that it is doing well in the third world, but I have seen a lot of different cars and vehicles in the world at large being used for all kinds of things and Toyota pickup trucks are one of the few regulars (most of the others are either also Japanese or scraped together cars).
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby 1classybadger » 14 May 2015, 12:31

the two most common technical chasis are toyotas (usually a hilux or some local offshoot) or a Nissan, largely due to price and avaliablity of spare parts. though really, if its got an engine, four wheels, it can be a technical
1classybadger
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Future Products