Dark Futures set wants: Motorcycles and Horses and...

Suggest and discuss future product ideas!

Re: Dark Futures set wants: Motorcycles and Horses and...

Postby bvandewalker » 28 Jul 2014, 21:39

Luoshangzhi wrote:
bvandewalker wrote:
Lonnie wrote:Doesn't belong in a new thread.

Okay... A little obsessed with mad max aren't we. :lol:

The man has taste. 8-)

Now, about a "generic" civilian pickup truck suitable for use as a technical.... :twisted:

We were talking about it in the modern military thread along with insurgents. Lonnie was the one to bring them up which could mean that he wants references for the sets (he did ask what weapons we wanted see) or he could be tormenting us. :twisted: ;)

Edit: oh, and Lonnie was suggesting doing it as a technical set, not a generic civvies truck.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Lonnie » 29 Jul 2014, 09:03

Do we want a generic "standard" truck or one that has bolted on armor, spikes and skulls? If the world collapsed tomorrow, a generic truck would be cool. If it's been 5-years into a collapse I'm thinking the ones, if any, that have survived and collected by local warlords would be modified with armor plate (to stop small arms but useless against even light AT weapons). If by generic you mean a "generic weapons mount" to hold an HMG or multiple rocket launcher or mortar or AGL or possibly a chain gun, then yea, that's sounds cool. I think it would be easier to take a (Ford, Toyota, Nissan, Dodge, etc.) truck, slap some armor on it, and call it a day rather than have to wade through patents to make sure our fenders didn't match up too closely with one of the big auto makers.

And, while we're on the subject, what about armored busses? Short bus with armor plating and a weapons pit on top. Full sized school bus with armor plating, a couple of weapons pits (fore and aft) and vision slits/firing ports on all of the windows; maybe a big cannon mounted next to the driver?
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby 1classybadger » 29 Jul 2014, 09:52

now I'm thinking of napoleonic naval warfare being fought on americas highways between busses and semi's.
1classybadger
Commander

Postby Lonnie » 29 Jul 2014, 10:23

I had a similar vision as I wrote the reply only Viking boats as the busses delivering their deadly cargo against armed farming communities or some such but I do like the naval warfare aspect and, since there aren't any orks in the post apocalyptic world (unless, of course, there are), we wouldn't have to worry about conflicting with Gorka Morka.
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby Strawhat » 29 Jul 2014, 10:48

Orcs as wasteland mutants? I don't i considered that before.

I would rather see generic sedans, trucks, and SUVs before anything too post-apocalyptic. Maybe as a Kickstarter with a DIY armor sprue as a stretch goal?

No comments about the short-bus. I'm trying to behave. Although behaving badly is still behaving...

And, just because I can: bus-broadside! :D
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby bvandewalker » 29 Jul 2014, 16:04

Lonnie wrote:Do we want a generic "standard" truck or one that has bolted on armor, spikes and skulls? If the world collapsed tomorrow, a generic truck would be cool. If it's been 5-years into a collapse I'm thinking the ones, if any, that have survived and collected by local warlords would be modified with armor plate (to stop small arms but useless against even light AT weapons). If by generic you mean a "generic weapons mount" to hold an HMG or multiple rocket launcher or mortar or AGL or possibly a chain gun, then yea, that's sounds cool. I think it would be easier to take a (Ford, Toyota, Nissan, Dodge, etc.) truck, slap some armor on it, and call it a day rather than have to wade through patents to make sure our fenders didn't match up too closely with one of the big auto makers.

And, while we're on the subject, what about armored busses? Short bus with armor plating and a weapons pit on top. Full sized school bus with armor plating, a couple of weapons pits (fore and aft) and vision slits/firing ports on all of the windows; maybe a big cannon mounted next to the driver?

Actually given the Arab spring scrap armor vehicles, particularly in Syria such armor might be possible in a matter weeks to months depending on who is building them. the real advantage of it being a more normal pick up truck with an option of putting a gun in back is that one can use it for more things than the mad max truck (like scenery and third world armies) and if one wants a scrap armor truck one can easily make it into one using other model parts (and that's just the lazy way to do it).
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Luoshangzhi » 31 Jul 2014, 16:26

How 'bout an armored tractor:

Leland R. Erickson

"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Personal blog site: http://blackwidowpilot.blogspot.com
Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant

Postby bvandewalker » 31 Jul 2014, 17:34

I think this is what WGF should do first before doing something like this:

bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Strawhat » 31 Jul 2014, 18:39

Seeing that 70s/80s sedan in bvandewalker's first picture makes me dream of assembling a stretch limo out of a couple sedans.

"The Beast" in 1/56? I can dig it!
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby bvandewalker » 01 Aug 2014, 12:41

Strawhat wrote:Seeing that 70s/80s sedan in bvandewalker's first picture makes me dream of assembling a stretch limo out of a couple sedans.

"The Beast" in 1/56? I can dig it!

I guess I should be more carful picking pics, I was referring to the motorcycles and technical trucks.
bvandewalker
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Future Products