Additions to your fantasy line

Suggest and discuss future product ideas!

Additions to your fantasy line

Postby bhthurmond » 12 Mar 2014, 17:13

I'd suggest a box of skeleton cavalry and a box of orc cavalry. The skeletons could be mounted on skeletal horses. The Orcs could ride a number of different mounts. GW mounts them on wild boars. Others have mounted them on wolves. I suppose you could just mount them on regular horses too.

Another item you might consider is some sort of artillery for fantasy armies - maybe a bolt shooter of some sort or a catapult. If you just made the artillery model without a crew, they could be used for a variety of armies. Maybe add a few doo-dads to the sprue - extra ammo, a barrel or crate of some sort, etc.

I've seen several suggestions for dwarfs. I think there are plenty of dwarf models available already. Maybe you could make a line of EVIL dwarfs? (Skip the GW style giant hats if you do this.)

brad
bhthurmond

Re: Additions to your fantasy line

Postby Luoshangzhi » 12 Mar 2014, 18:29

The best orc mount IMHO would be the very same one I suggested so long ago as a L&UL proposal, namely the prehistoric Dinohyus:

Niiice, piggy…. :twisted:
Leland R. Erickson

"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Personal blog site: http://blackwidowpilot.blogspot.com
Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant

Postby GDoI » 12 Mar 2014, 19:30

Love it!
GDoI
Cadet

Postby Strawhat » 12 Mar 2014, 21:52

Ahh. This brings back memories.

I always smile when truth gets stranger than fiction!
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby That_Girl » 12 Mar 2014, 22:09

I agree with that notion. Skeleton and Orc cavalry would be excellent to addition to the Wargames Factory line. And, as for a new race for the line, perhaps Saurians or another type of Lizard People?
That_Girl

Postby Smokestack » 12 Mar 2014, 23:58

The Dinohyus looks pretty cool. I would buy these. They would make great mounts for the orcs, or fantasy barbarians. It would be nice also if they came with a rider leg sprue that had a set of legs usable by the amazons and one usable by the Hammer of Thor range to make conversions easier.
Smokestack
Cadet

Postby Lord_Bryon » 13 Mar 2014, 08:09

Love the Dinohyus for orcs. I'm still searching for orc cavalry that will fit with my WF orcs.
Lord_Bryon
Commander

Postby Luoshangzhi » 13 Mar 2014, 18:03

Leland R. Erickson

"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Personal blog site: http://blackwidowpilot.blogspot.com
Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant

Postby Darsc Zacal » 13 Mar 2014, 18:30

Thinking on this for a while, I think a set of "dungeon adventurers" would be well suited to a sprue layout similar in idea to WGF's Apocalypse Survivor sprues.

Instead of sprues with an eye to creating rank and file troops, these sprues would be designed with an eye towards character construction.

It would be a great way to customize the minis to match players concepts of what their characters look like. An assortment of heads, differently armoured bodies,weapon arms, and other assorted equipment and loose weapons would make it easy to give your mini the look you want.
You could start with humans and follow up with adventuring kits for typical fantasy races.

Other follow up kits could be a set of henchmen with options for carrying torches, lanterns, treasure chests, and other supplies. You could even throw in a packmule.
Possibly even a kit for making mounted versions of ones characters.
Darsc Zacal
Chief

Postby Lonnie » 13 Mar 2014, 21:06

Let's take a look at that Darsc. Are we talking about a sprue of characters (fighter, mage, barbarian, etc.) or a single character (or 2 to 4) advancing from novice to adventurer to lord? Either has great merit I should think.

It's ideas like these that invariably get brought up at the weekly meetings. Some pan out, others shelved for the time being, still others don't fit in with our plans; this one might be one we take a closer look at.
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Next

Return to Future Products