Convention Question

General news regarding Wargaming. Discuss any up coming events and conventions, great rules sets etc.

Convention Question

Postby Darsc Zacal » 10 Apr 2014, 00:24

Recently I've watched some YouTube videos of WarGames Factory at some of the big gaming conventions back east.

Does WGF ever attend, or might be considering attending, any conventions out west? More specifically the Pacific NorthWest?

A second question about the email newsletter signup on WGF's homepage. Is the newsletter still active and if so how often does it come out?

I ask because all I could find when looking for archived versions on the homepage was something called the Dispatch whose last entry was a few years ago before WGF's rebirth.
Darsc Zacal
Chief

Re: Convention Question

Postby Lonnie » 10 Apr 2014, 05:27

We're in consolidation mode at the moment and are not "officially" attending any conventions (too much to do and not enough staff members). Off the official record I go to quite a few conventions throughout the year but all are east of the Mississippi and (mostly) North of Atlanta.

The newsletter is as dead as last Friday's fish. One day we may revive it but we really need a larger staff than we have now to support it. We should probably pull down the newsletter archives and take the link off of the home page.
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby Mac » 10 Apr 2014, 14:21

I am willing to work for WF.
Just putting that out there.
Seriously. I would.
Mac
Lieutenant

Location: Hold up your left hand. Point to the place just between your pinky and ring finger!

Postby Darsc Zacal » 12 Apr 2014, 02:24

A shame about the consolidation and the conventions, but if it's because WGF is putting their resources into expanding their lines then I approve.

It's probably a good idea to clean up some of the deadwood on the WGF website. It's the online face for WGF as a company, especially with new potential customers , and shouldn't have the appearance of being neglected or of not being updated in a timely manner.
Darsc Zacal
Chief

Postby Lonnie » 12 Apr 2014, 06:01

The way we figure conventions is that, on the one hand it gives you an "Official Presence" but one rarely recovers the cost of attending so the "free advertising" isn't really free and since it's current company policy not to discuss any future releases or WIPs in detail we're better off not going. Plus there are usually many retailers at conventions already carrying our products and we don't like competing against them.

Now all of this may change in the future and we may end up going to some of the larger conventions in the future.
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby Mac » 12 Apr 2014, 13:33

I could see WF going to conventions with a set of rules and boxes of figures for the game.
But I do see the point of expense versus profit. And how it affects the price per box!!
Mac
Lieutenant

Location: Hold up your left hand. Point to the place just between your pinky and ring finger!

Return to General Wargaming News