28mm Plastic WW2 Tank Kits from Rubicon!

General news regarding Wargaming. Discuss any up coming events and conventions, great rules sets etc.

28mm Plastic WW2 Tank Kits from Rubicon!

Postby Luoshangzhi » 04 Nov 2014, 00:29

Available soon from Plastic Soldier Company:

http://theminiaturespage.com/news/?id=2121475153
Leland R. Erickson

"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Personal blog site: http://blackwidowpilot.blogspot.com
Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant

Re: 28mm Plastic WW2 Tank Kits from Rubicon!

Postby bvandewalker » 05 Nov 2014, 21:15

Hey, I follow these guys on facebook. They planning starting out with six vehicle kits for wwii.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby mrinku » 06 Nov 2014, 23:56

Nice. Warlord/Italieri have some direct competiton then.

And the M4A3 kit is spot on for my much shelved Kelly's Heroes project.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Agamemnon » 09 Nov 2014, 02:17

I like their German tanks, because I don't like the aesthetic of Zimmerit.
Londo: "The Minbari put great emphasis on art, literature and music." Say instead: "They are decadent people, interested only in the pursuit of... of dubious pleasures." It doesn't mean anything, but it scares people every time!
Agamemnon
Crewman

Postby Jack007 » 09 Nov 2014, 03:22

BEAUTIFUL...
at least the art work, and Im giving benefit of the doubt the models will be too. While many out there always hoped for this scale, I just cant see anyone buying 'that many' of any one model. After all its pretty big for a skirmish game setting.

That being said, personally, the Panzer IIIm IIRC, the 'long' 50mm was one of my favorite early - mid war versions.
"You see old friend. I brought more soldiers than you did." *Leonidas-300
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby Strawhat » 09 Nov 2014, 19:52

Well, they're also useful as scenery in modern games.

I can remember climbing on many a tank placed as a memorial in various public parks.
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby bvandewalker » 10 Nov 2014, 22:13

Conversions, lots of conversions, you can use a lot of the none German tanks for third world modern factions (particularly the Russian tanks). Also, bolt action is releasing tank rules and our friends at Dreamforge with their hints of a vehicle heavy rule set for Iron core.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Jack007 » 27 Jan 2015, 16:49

Strawhat wrote:Well, they're also useful as scenery in modern games.
I can remember climbing on many a tank placed as a memorial in various public parks.

OH can I relate to that Stawhat. (Sorry for the accidental rhyme). It was a few miles away from my grandparents house to the National Guard Armory, where still sat a Sherman tank. I was about 10-12 at the time so were talking 1972 (+/- a yr). And no I have no idea what version it was (didnt care at the time) I was a kid with "my own" Real Sherman tank. Was that cool or what?! :D
Then one day.. my sherman tank was gone.
Someone owes me.. I know your out there. And I will find you.. Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid :twisted:

bvandewalker wrote:Conversions, lots of conversions, you can use a lot of the none German tanks for third world modern factions (particularly the Russian tanks). Also, bolt action is releasing tank rules and our friends at Dreamforge with their hints of a vehicle heavy rule set for Iron core.

So true. Without doing the quick check, wasnt it the Chaffee that was used as the 'foundation' of the Duster (a twin 40mm AA tank, for those not familar)? Not to mention a real 'party killer' when turned onto infantry assaulting bases they protected in Vietnam.

Oh and regaurding the first topic. An Armory in Gainesville had both, a Duster AND an M7 Priest out front of their station. OH the number of times I wanted to stop and just spend an hour or 3 climbing over those. But I thought it would be unbecoming a guy in his late 20's and beyond. But then again.. 8-)
Last edited by Jack007 on 05 Feb 2015, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby Luoshangzhi » 28 Jan 2015, 00:34

Actually, the M42 Duster was based on the M41 Walker Bulldog chassis IIRC...
Leland R. Erickson

"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Personal blog site: http://blackwidowpilot.blogspot.com
Luoshangzhi
Lieutenant

Postby Jack007 » 05 Feb 2015, 17:38

Luoshangzhi wrote:Actually, the M42 Duster was based on the M41 Walker Bulldog chassis IIRC...

Right You Are "Luo',.. I just did a quick, "now Im curious" search and according to "MilitaryFactory.com", the Duster actually did 'start' with the Chaffee chasis, but that quickly proved outdated and then began using the M41 Walker Bulldog chasis as a replacement, hence the "M42" designation.
I was 'very' surprised to find that some 3,700 had been produced. I had no idea they were in such demand.

I would love to see the Duster and the Ontos's being produced in the 1/100 scale and it would be great in 28mm - 1/56 scale for WF miniatures, "When" they get around the Vietnam era.
Jack007
Lieutenant

Next

Return to General Wargaming News