WGF what can you tell us about this?

General news regarding Wargaming. Discuss any up coming events and conventions, great rules sets etc.

Re: WGF what can you tell us about this?

Postby Corporal-Chaos » 29 Apr 2015, 19:14

Woot! This is outstanding!
Corporal-Chaos
Cadet

Postby bvandewalker » 01 May 2015, 22:39

Paul wrote:There is a katana, we felt it a staple for zombie universe regardless of the bike type. There is a male arm holding a chain. :)

Found the chain, yes it is perfect, every biker gang needs a guy waving around a chain (and if they don't have one, they are not a biker gang, just a club). ;)

I wouldn't call it a staple (it is more of a machete substitute), but if you feel the katana fits here, fine go for it. 8-) Personally I would have gone with something more western/generic bikerish like a lead pipe, released the set and see how it does first and then, if it sells like ice cream on a hot day, do an Asian themed biker set as a follow up with street bikes and maybe some exotic weapons (like katana), but that’s me and you can still do a second (preferably Asian themed) biker set later if this one is a big money maker (which it should be).

Strawhat wrote:Rick, I think you did exactly as you were supposed to! 8-)

Thanks for the info, Paul.

I just need to figure out how many boxes I'm going to need. I figure I've got a minimum of 40 "normal" survivors, so I figure that's about 3 Biker Gang boxes.

Now for the anticipation and frustration of waiting--and trying to figure out the remaining 4 mystery sets that Lonnie mentioned.

Are you building survivor army Strawhat?
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Strawhat » 01 May 2015, 22:58

Building? Not so much.

Buying? Yeah...Well, buying multiple small armies is more like it. A few pools of minis large enough to make a few comparable factions. It's mostly that zombies (and the associated aftermath) have the zeitgeist, and who am I to argue?
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby mrinku » 08 May 2015, 17:52

Pumped for this one. Aside from the bikes (yes!) more regular clothes models and parts are always welcome.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby wmyers » 08 May 2015, 19:44

I just saw this thread! This is AWESOME!!!

I just happen to ride an Harley (have been riding for years) and can use that bike in the sprue to make mine! My friends' (and my friends!).

I hope there is hair and beard options (yeah, I know, green stuff).

My olde lady is gonna be mad.

I could buy sets until the cows come home of this one and still need (want) more.

I want to tell her as I'm excited now but that voice of caution with the giant red flag waving says to wait ...

I know I want to see more of the sprues. There are more than one, I hope?!
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby wmyers » 08 May 2015, 20:06

Okay, I re-read the description and am disappointed.

The bases should have been on another sprue.

The sprue should have had another style of Harley frame - instead of two identical bikes.

With the sprues on another separate frame there would have been more than enough room for another bike and several more leg and torso options to allow for 9 bikes and 18 figures.

The trick / scheme of combining bases on the sprues is an obvious profit raising plot that is not very welcome - especially when previous releases were above this.
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby bvandewalker » 08 May 2015, 20:20

From the looks of it, probably not, but even if it is just six bikes it is still nothing to sneeze at considering that there are no other 28mm bikes in plastic.

They look Harley enough to me, and we had long talks about multi bike spurs with Lonnie.

As for the bases, while I agree with on that it kinda of sucks, but if I where to guess it was either this, no bases (while I and diorama/model people would be okay with no bases in a set since I have to buy more bases anyways (plus I may actually have the perfect alternative base when it and diorama folks have other plans for their goodies, but I don't think it sits the same everyone here), or a price increase to something like $40.00 to make money back on the molding costs as quickly as possible.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Strawhat » 08 May 2015, 22:47

I definitely agree about the bases--WGF are constantly spending time/resources on milling and remilling the same basic product. I understand the logic (limiting the number of parts from 2 or 3 of one sprue plus 1 of another to just 3 of one sprue). But that's probably neither here nor there if my suspicion that WGF won't be making many more of their own products anymore is correct.

In my case, some of the extra 25mm rounds (if there are any) will be going toward the crawlers in the Zombie Vixens set.

There are three different styles of fork, two sets of pipes, at least two different sissy-bars, maybe different front wheels, and maybe options for saddle bags and/or bed rolls. Legs from the riders will cover most of the bike, so that doesn't much phase me (but tastes will vary). But there should be some good variation--especially with some different paint schemes.

Paul, can you tell us if the bikes are the same (or at least tell us if you can't tell us)?
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby Wargame News&Terrain » 09 May 2015, 05:54

Looking forward in seeing better pictures. Should have taken better pictures but was in a hurry and just stumbled upon these. Immediately thought strange? Bikes in hard plastic and then saw the Wargames Factory name!
Wargame News&Terrain

Postby wmyers » 09 May 2015, 10:27

Wargame News&Terrain wrote:Looking forward in seeing better pictures. Should have taken better pictures but was in a hurry and just stumbled upon these. Immediately thought strange? Bikes in hard plastic and then saw the Wargames Factory name!

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the picture!
wmyers
Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to General Wargaming News