WGF what can you tell us about this?

General news regarding Wargaming. Discuss any up coming events and conventions, great rules sets etc.

Re: WGF what can you tell us about this?

Postby Paul » 09 May 2015, 12:40

The bikes are close to the same. They do have different spokes in the tires and different tail lights.

That said they're rather customize-able. You can change their look with the following:

• 3 different fork styles, 1 is an extended fork for a "chopper" look.
  • 2 different styles of mufflers
  • 2 optional sissy bars or bed roll instead
  • 2 types of bags or a gas tank to glue behind the sissy bars (or elsewhere, IE - file off the front lamp and mount them on the front forks)
  • optional rear side bags
  • Rifle in its sheath designed to glue to the right fork.

As Stawhat surmised we put bases on the same sprue because milling time is cheaper than labor. Having multiples of only one sprue in kit substantially speeds the packing. They pack the kits as the sprue comes off the injection machine. The motorcycle introduces a new base for us. Doing a separate base sprue would have nearly doubled tooling costs.
Paul
Site Admin

Postby Jack007 » 09 May 2015, 14:47

Ok these just look C O O L! ;)

Right off the bat, with just a very little work, I can see four 'Different' bikes in this set.
First build 2 as is, simply with different fork (handle bar) arrangements.
Second, do the same as above only this time, clip off the 'sissy bar' from each seat. Then just a little filing to clean up the cliping or sawing marks on the seat.
And of course when you take into account paint scheme variations.. it becomes 'unlimited'.

Im sure there are guys with a lot more conversion experience that can already see ideas for making far more variations. It will be great to see some of these put together, as well as the miniatures that come with them to see just exactly 'what you'll be getting".

As for 'when' we will see this.. Im not expecting anything for about a year, give or take a month or so. After all, if Paul was right, someone may have unintentionally put it on the table not thinking that; "If it shows up (or seen) at a major Con.. it shows up Online!" (oops)

To update a revamped quote: We Have Met Big Brother, And WE Are Him. (practially 'every' cell phone IS a camera now.) Smile Humans :D
"You see old friend. I brought more soldiers than you did." *Leonidas-300
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby Strawhat » 09 May 2015, 19:33

Paul, thanks for the breakdown. I really appreciate it.

Wargame News&Terrain wrote:Should have taken better pictures but was in a hurry and just stumbled upon these. Immediately thought strange? Bikes in hard plastic and then saw the Wargames Factory name!

Strange? "Beautiful" is more like it. Thank you very much for getting that picture: it made my day.

Jack007 wrote:As for 'when' we will see this.. Im not expecting anything for about a year, give or take a month or so. After all, if Paul was right, someone may have unintentionally put it on the table not thinking that; "If it shows up (or seen) at a major Con.. it shows up Online!" (oops)

To update a revamped quote: We Have Met Big Brother, And WE Are Him. (practially 'every' cell phone IS a camera now.) Smile Humans :D

Information wants to be free, Jack! 8-) Personally, although I know we won't be getting these on the time table I want--since they're not in stores now, I'm thinking we're looking at about six months. Maybe I'll have the new hobby space set up by then. :D
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Strawhat
Chief

Postby bvandewalker » 09 May 2015, 23:00

Strawhat wrote:Information wants to be free, Jack! 8-) Personally, although I know we won't be getting these on the time table I want--since they're not in stores now, I'm thinking we're looking at about six months. Maybe I'll have the new hobby space set up by then. :D

I think that is a bit optimistic, particularly given that the dock workers union is still out in force. 6 months is possible, but given the situation I think a year at best, year and a half to 2 at worst.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Wargame News&Terrain » 10 May 2015, 01:48

Thanks for the welcome!

@Strawhat: well, that was the first thought as I hadn't heard of any scheduled apocalypse releases.

Second thought was great and then I thought of the new Mad Max movie!
Wargame News&Terrain

Postby Jack007 » 12 May 2015, 18:27

bvandewalker wrote:
Strawhat wrote:Information wants to be free, Jack! 8-) Personally, although I know we won't be getting these on the time table I want--since they're not in stores now, I'm thinking we're looking at about six months. Maybe I'll have the new hobby space set up by then. :D
I totally encourage 'information'. FLY BE FREE! Especially if it comes with sprue pics.
Now as to that 'time table You want', Im thinking, maybe they are late already? Hmm? ;)

bvandewalker wrote:I think that is a bit optimistic, particularly given that the dock workers union is still out in force. 6 months is possible, but given the situation I think a year at best, year and a half to 2 at worst.
Considering all thats going on, transportation, labor, company changes, etc. I tend to agree that six months (at best) is really being a bit optimistic (but We can Hope :D ) as to the "2 (yrs) at worst." Well God forbid.
"You see old friend. I brought more soldiers than you did." *Leonidas-300
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby Masp » 13 May 2015, 02:51

that is a very good news !

maybe one of the best of 2015 !!

I just hope it will not be too long to see it in the webstore !!

I don't know if seeing the plastic sprue and knowing that the production had started allow us to be optimistic...but stay positive :lol:
Masp

Postby Corporal-Chaos » 16 May 2015, 16:18

I am excited to get this kit. I'll have several for sure.
Corporal-Chaos
Cadet

Postby Tripod » 17 May 2015, 04:11

This looks like an interesting kit, but will I still be interested in a years time when it may be released? I may stil be waiting for the AWI hessians and artillery.
Tripod
Chief

Postby Saul_Dagenham » 22 May 2015, 04:59

Damn, I need this kit so much for my motorized Rough Riders...
Saul_Dagenham
Cadet

PreviousNext

Return to General Wargaming News