Industry news question...

General news regarding Wargaming. Discuss any up coming events and conventions, great rules sets etc.

Re: Industry news question...

Postby Dibbler » 31 Mar 2014, 07:12

Lonnie wrote:I'm still not confirming nor denying that we are doing AWI though. We could be doing Cthulhu/Lovecraftian sets.

If you are indeed making Cthulu sets, then this comment is made of win!

And much self-kicking later on :twisted:
Dibbler
Cadet

Postby Mac » 31 Mar 2014, 18:12

Yes you could be Lonnie, but did George Lovecraft heed the warning from the tower of the North Church?
"Could" is a very subjective word. :lol:
Mac
Lieutenant

Location: Hold up your left hand. Point to the place just between your pinky and ring finger!

Postby crazyharborc » 31 Mar 2014, 18:45

WWI??Well, do make some minies in the EARLY uniforms of the first few days/weeks of WWI ;)
crazyharborc
Crewman

Postby Potter » 31 Mar 2014, 19:48

crazyharborc wrote:WWI??Well, do make some minies in the EARLY uniforms of the first few days/weeks of WWI ;)

It's the right time for it-100 years on from 1914..However I feel it's undead/horror or AWI (keeping them crossed for the former).

That reminds me, 100 years and we've still not found Great Grandads leg*...... he lost it during the Great War.

*He was a Monty Python fan in his later years and I have been informed he used to make that joke himself (well similar just a little more cursing and mentions of the German gunners....)
Potter
Cadet

Postby Jack007 » 01 Apr 2014, 11:48

Potter..
Great to see you found your way here.. was hopeing more of the 'usuals' from the original Forum would. (I dont use the term "normals" for gamers lol)

Just learned this morning its going to be the AWI, but WWI would be great to see as well.
"You see old friend. I brought more soldiers than you did." *Leonidas-300
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby Potter » 01 Apr 2014, 15:21

Hi Jack-Great to see you mate! :D
Potter
Cadet

Postby Mac » 01 Apr 2014, 17:19

Okay enough of this silly banter about AWI. . .What can you tell us about this guy named colkrone Lonnie?
Seems to have designed a set of rules? Any idea on which time period they are for?
Mac
Lieutenant

Location: Hold up your left hand. Point to the place just between your pinky and ring finger!

Postby Lonnie » 01 Apr 2014, 17:41

I can tell you I've known colkrone for some years now, since 1996 or '97 if memory serves me correctly. I can tell you he used to be in the toy soldier business for at least 10-years with 2-different companies but has recently made a change and that you may have run into him at Games Day, Cold Wars, Historicon or Fall In if you've ever attended any of these events in the past 20-years. I can tell you he has written a set of rules, which I have played and enjoyed. I can tell you he helped with the research on our soon to be released range of miniatures. I do have an idea which time period the rules are for. :twisted:
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby Mac » 01 Apr 2014, 17:58

Drat. :lol:
Mac
Lieutenant

Postby Lonnie » 01 Apr 2014, 17:59

Your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me boy. :)
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to General Wargaming News