Industry news question...

General news regarding Wargaming. Discuss any up coming events and conventions, great rules sets etc.

Industry news question...

Postby Smokestack » 13 Mar 2014, 00:22

This is supposed to be for industry news, as in news about other Miniatures (since Wargames factory news has another Board), but the code of conduct says to not promote other companies. So, can news on others be put here... Like A new kickstarter is coming out. Or another company just produced or announced a future production of a new miniature range?

As an example... If (and this is all made up...) If a company called Copper Dragon just announced that they will be producing a box of 5 customizable hard plastic dragons and will be releasing them in April (that would be an awesome box set btw). Would that be ok to post here?

Just wondering as I would like to post info on cool Kickstarter projects here but am not sure if that would be allowed..

Thank you-
Bill
Smokestack
Cadet

Re: Industry news question...

Postby Lonnie » 13 Mar 2014, 04:59

Industry news would be for any rules systems and, possibly, for the companies we make miniatures for (and us of course). You can also list conventions here like Historicon, Gen Con, Origins, etc. but not Warlord's Games Day or GW's Conventions/tournaments or Mantic Sponsors Weird-a-thon or etc.

Other miniature company's miniatures are verboten; we don't really need or want to hear about the latest offer from the Perry's or Mantic or Warlord or GW or etc. There are other sites for that and unless they buy advertising space from us, they don't belong on our pages (not that we sell advertising space).

Sorry if that sounds harsh but we're here to promote our company and our miniatures. This may change in the future but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Lonnie Mullins
Former Director of Product Development, Research and Design
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby Gomez » 13 Mar 2014, 15:44

Maybe a clarification in the subforum title/description is needed then? I'll be honest, it confused me when I saw it. Maybe something like...

"Convention and gaming news"
'A place to discuss any up coming events and conventions, as well as any great rules sets etc.'

In a similar vein, while I'm here, I take it there's no issue of posting paint jobs of other companies figures where appropriate e.g if I buy a hero character from company X to go with wargames factory line Y, or have a unit of X made by another company alongside my Dreamforge Eisenkern.
Gomez
Cadet

Postby Lonnie » 13 Mar 2014, 16:45

As long as you're showing WF miniatures in the same photo, sure.
Lonnie Mullins
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby mrinku » 13 Mar 2014, 22:16

I mix and match a lot from my bitz box (mostly old GW) and sprues from most of the current 28mm players, but try not to post any projects that aren't mostly WGF components. And I won't put up any based on lines that are in direct competition to WGF (i.e. Warlord British). That would be rude.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Lonnie » 14 Mar 2014, 14:42

That should work.
Lonnie Mullins
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby Dr Mathias » 15 Mar 2014, 13:49

What is the policy concerning companies that are known to use the WGF China factory, but are not available through the WGF store?

For example I think it's common knowledge that the Kingdom Death plastics are WGF made, and they are stunning. I have some and quite frankly the other plastics makers need to move over because they are not the best game in town anymore. They are amazingly crafted- major kudos the the WGF factory.
… a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Blog: Dr Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
Dr Mathias's Arboreal Extravaganza
Dr Mathias
Crewman

Postby Lonnie » 15 Mar 2014, 18:41

If they're affiliated with us we have no objection to you posting about them.
Lonnie Mullins
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Postby Darsc Zacal » 15 Mar 2014, 20:49

Lonnie wrote:If they're affiliated with us we have no objection to you posting about them.

Is there a website we could go to and find a listing of companies WGF are affiliated with?
Darsc Zacal
Chief

Postby Lonnie » 15 Mar 2014, 22:15

Sorry, no. Basically the companies we make plastics for list us as their manufacturer somewhere on their websites. Dream Forge, Wyrd and Kingdom Death are a few. There are one or two others plus the rules War and Conquest by Scarab Miniatures but I don't remember them off of the top of my head.

You can always list rules sets and/or books that would be helpful in making/painting your miniatures here too.
Lonnie Mullins
Wargames Factory
Lonnie
Commander

Next

Return to General Wargaming News