Wars of Empire

Share your painted figures and painting projects; painting tips and techniques.

Re: Wars of Empire

Postby Jack007 » 27 Aug 2014, 18:51

Lord_Bryon wrote:I like your storage solution.

Just repeated what I have done for many of my LOTR miniatures. And I have found out from watching others and my own mistakes, "closeness" is NOT always the best thing, especially when really fragile parts are involved. LOL
"You see old friend. I brought more soldiers than you did." *Leonidas-300
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby Mac » 29 Aug 2014, 08:40

I base all of my figures on metal fender washers. These are thin and have a smaller hole in the center than a normal washer.
Doing so and viola, you have a 1/2 magnitized stand. Go to any home improvement store and you can by magnetic sheets meant to put over floor heating vents, usually like 5X12, that is your other half of the solution. The metal washers "stick to the magnetic sheet and you can transport in relative safety on a tray.
or you could cut the sheets with a pair of scissors to fit any type carrier you have.
Mac
Lieutenant

Location: Hold up your left hand. Point to the place just between your pinky and ring finger!

Postby Jack007 » 29 Aug 2014, 23:51

Mac
I invite you to see Page One, First Entry. Thats my storage box for my Zulus.
Like you I put "them" on fender washers. then lined an 'open' box with magnetic sheeting. It is a great solution, especially for travel. "Nothing moves."
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby mrinku » 30 Aug 2014, 13:53

Like Jack, I use the compatmented plastic hobby box/tackle box storage. Most of my projects fit into one or two of them (i.e. you can fit a Blood Bowl team into a 24 cell box). I've also started using washers on the bases - even those with plastic bases can have a small one superglued in - as much for base stability a for the travel option. A plastic mini with a metal base doesn't knock over as easily, and if it falls off the table it tends to land feet first.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Jack007 » 21 Oct 2014, 17:48

Gentlemen,
there was some talk earlier in other threads, and IIRC in previous conversations about the Zulu, as to whether there were female warriors among the Zulu tribes.

While I have no answer to this question, I stumbled across a book at my public library; "Women Warriors" by David E. Jones.
While scanning through the book, in the 6th chapter, I found a section that spoke of the Western African Kingdom of the Dahomey "(now known as the Benin)". It accounts they had an all woman force known as "the kings wives". These women lived seperatly from the male warriors on the Palace grounds.

Just thought I would toss that bit of Info out there.
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby Agamemnon » 22 Oct 2014, 00:25

In what sense were they warriors?
Londo: "The Minbari put great emphasis on art, literature and music." Say instead: "They are decadent people, interested only in the pursuit of... of dubious pleasures." It doesn't mean anything, but it scares people every time!
Agamemnon
Crewman

Postby bvandewalker » 23 Oct 2014, 20:22

I have only heard about them in passing, but I think they were the king's Amazon bodyguards.
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby 1classybadger » 23 Oct 2014, 23:54

probably in the sense that the royal irish company of spain were warriors, more body guards than campaigners. at least thats what royal protection detail says to me
1classybadger
Commander

Postby bvandewalker » 24 Oct 2014, 00:37

Still you shouldn't mock bodyguards, particularly those of a female persuasion. :D
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby 1classybadger » 24 Oct 2014, 10:08

never said they weren't good in a fight, I just wouldn't hold them as shining examples of war fighting
1classybadger
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Painting