plastic AWI Riflemen

Share your painted figures and painting projects; painting tips and techniques.

plastic AWI Riflemen

Postby General Lee » 24 Sep 2014, 07:27

Not painted yet: I have combined the WGF plastic militia riflemen with the riflemen that come with the Perry Continental set. I think it works 8)

General Lee
Chief

Re: plastic AWI Riflemen

Postby Lord_Bryon » 24 Sep 2014, 10:03

nice comparison photo. The two ranges meld pretty well together.
Lord_Bryon
Commander

Postby wmyers » 27 Sep 2014, 11:56

They look really good together!

Thanks for making me want to buy even more sets ...

Do you paint them on the trays like that? If so, do you find any difficulties in doing it that way?
wmyers
Lieutenant

Postby Agamemnon » 12 Oct 2014, 02:37

Integral basing is such a pain.
Did something happen to the Perry rifleman's hat? I'm really liking the WF Tricorns.
Londo: "The Minbari put great emphasis on art, literature and music." Say instead: "They are decadent people, interested only in the pursuit of... of dubious pleasures." It doesn't mean anything, but it scares people every time!
Agamemnon
Crewman

Postby mrinku » 15 Oct 2014, 04:29

Warms the cockles of a dyed in the wool kitbasher's heart, General!

Lovely work.
Mark Dewis
mrinku
Commander

Postby Jack007 » 14 Jan 2015, 17:46

General
I'd love to see an update on these. Of course with all thats going on and the situation concerning WF, I can see this getting lost in the haze.
"You see old friend. I brought more soldiers than you did." *Leonidas-300
Jack007
Lieutenant

Postby General Lee » 15 Jan 2015, 07:21

Hi Jack! thanks for the interest. Not had a chance to finish anything for the last couple of months. Simply had no time. I'm currently painting some ACW Iron Brigade figures for a Dutch miniature wargaming convention in Utrecht. I'll likely return to AWI soon.

On that note, I don't think I'll be returning to this forum. Given the fact that the people behind WGF completely ignore us is something I find very disrespectful. I've been made aware however that they probably won't release the last two AWI sets and that some people who have been in the design making proces have been laid off. So WGF are technically dead.

If you want to see these figures painted up keep an eye on the Lead Adventure forum. I'm a regular visitor there 8-)
General Lee
Chief

Postby Paul » 15 Jan 2015, 12:47

Sorry you feel ignored General Lee. The combination of the holidays, Dreamforge Games kickstarter, and changes within the company have kept us very busy for the last month or so.

I'm not sure where you heard that the last two AWI sets will not be released. But that is not correct, the tooling on the last two sets is done and production is being run.
Paul
Site Admin

Postby bvandewalker » 15 Jan 2015, 13:20

Admin wrote:Sorry you feel ignored General Lee. The combination of the holidays, Dreamforge Games kickstarter, and changes within the company have kept us very busy for the last month or so.

I'm not sure where you heard that the last two AWI sets will not be released. But that is not correct, the tooling on the last two sets is done and production is being run.

That's great, you probably shouldn't say anymore till they get on this side of the ocean.
bvandewalker
Captain

Return to Painting