Border-Worlds Human Army (WGF WW2)

Share your painted figures and painting projects; painting tips and techniques.

Border-Worlds Human Army (WGF WW2)

Postby Froggy the Great » 30 Nov 2014, 18:05

A while back I'd asked if anyone knew how easily mixed the various figures from WGF's WW2 range were. I am pleased now to display the results.

These are GIs, Soviets, and German figures from WGF, with arms, heads, weapons and kit all mixed around. The idea was to represent a well trained but spottily-supplied standing army for a frontier world contested by two other alien powers in the endless war between the Nathi and Silmn, in The Worlds In My Head.

Painting was as follows:
-white prime
-brown ink all over
-red ink on the helmets and kit
-black ink on everything but the trousers
-black on weapons and boots
-light drybrush white on the black bits.

Froggy the Great
Crewman

Re: Border-Worlds Human Army (WGF WW2)

Postby bvandewalker » 30 Nov 2014, 23:48

looking good, are those Timee Patton tank conversions I see in the background?
bvandewalker
Captain

Postby Froggy the Great » 01 Dec 2014, 07:07

bvandewalker wrote:looking good, are those Timee Patton tank conversions I see in the background?
Those are cheap plastic toy tanks I found at Walgreen's. They may be originally Russian, but the Green Army Men included with them had US uniforms and MP-40s, so I really don't know if they're supposed to be anything at all.
Froggy the Great
Crewman

Postby bvandewalker » 01 Dec 2014, 20:38

Froggy the Great wrote:
bvandewalker wrote:looking good, are those Timee Patton tank conversions I see in the background?

Those are cheap plastic toy tanks I found at Walgreen's. They may be originally Russian, but the Green Army Men included with them had US uniforms and MP-40s, so I really don't know if they're supposed to be anything at all.

In that case they are probably timmee toys 1/48 scale Patton M48 tank or a rip off of them, in any case they look good.

timmee toys (I miss spelled the company's name in my other post :oops:) is one of the bigger high quality green army men manufactures here in the USA.
bvandewalker
Captain

Return to Painting